Chauvet Cave - 40,000 yrs BC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-02-2015, 01:28 PM
RE: Chauvet Cave - 40,000 yrs BC
(23-02-2015 02:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 01:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

You have a straw man there. A secular reader as well as a "true" Christian can determine whether the Bible gives a date for an event(s) (Flood, Creation) or whether it doesn't. It doesn't.

Like always, you're dodging the question, what mutant variety of creationism do you believe? There are major problems with OEC and YEC.

Who said I believe in Creationism? I already said I believe in Evolution.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2015, 01:29 PM
(24-02-2015 09:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 01:57 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

You have a straw man there. A secular reader as well as a "true" Christian can determine whether the Bible gives a date for an event(s) (Flood, Creation) or whether it doesn't. It doesn't.

Could the flood reasonably be pinned to a certain range of dates given the lineages of people listed from Adam all the way down to the birth of Jesus? We know that none of them lived past 120 after Noah's kids, and the ones before that have ages listed.

We can pin down creation similarly by combination of the lineages listed above and the fact that people were created on the sixth day of creation. Again, it would be within a range, but you could certainly extrapolate a maximum age just by looking at the maximum age of everyone listed from Adam down to Joseph.

Who said I believe in the literal dates of the patriarchs and that their descendants are direct descendants rather than notable descendants? Who said Genesis comes from four different authorships that contradicts one another? You don't believe in JEDP authorship of the Tanach? I'm surprised...

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
24-02-2015, 01:43 PM
(24-02-2015 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 02:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Like always, you're dodging the question, what mutant variety of creationism do you believe? There are major problems with OEC and YEC.

On one thread you seem to believe in the Noah myth, on this thread you believe in evolution.

You are one cherry-picking motherfucker!

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like TheInquisition's post
24-02-2015, 06:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2015 06:32 PM by TheInquisition.)
(24-02-2015 01:28 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(23-02-2015 02:20 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Like always, you're dodging the question, what mutant variety of creationism do you believe? There are major problems with OEC and YEC.

You said you believe in creationism right here,response 46:

The secret to defeating god

Quote:Yes, the Genesis account says G_d and not Jesus by name, which name was revealed eons later in Isaiah 9, etc. But a reconciliation of Jesus's statements that no one has seen the Father and that He had fellowship with Abraham, etc. and that He is Creator and Originator (John 1) places Jesus as a literal anthropomorphic figure in the Garden.

Can you escape the Garden? Can I? Can EVERY person at TTA, theist or atheist, honestly admit that they would have eaten of the tree and are as responsible for the tree disobedience as Adam and Eve? Would you admit that there are things you shouldn't do that you did because of desire? Would you and I both admit that we regret doing certain things and that willpower was insufficient?

You also said this on post 37:

Quote:This is the pre-incarnate Jesus as no one has "seen the Father, ever" but "God walked in the Garden with Adam and Eve". Jesus is in a fellowship with the first people that is shattered by their actions.

Lying for Jeebus again. No

And the whole Jeebus in the garden thing is weird, you're certainly in the minority view of Christians. Quite a mutant strain of the creationist virus you have there.

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
25-02-2015, 06:42 AM
(24-02-2015 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(24-02-2015 09:24 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  Could the flood reasonably be pinned to a certain range of dates given the lineages of people listed from Adam all the way down to the birth of Jesus? We know that none of them lived past 120 after Noah's kids, and the ones before that have ages listed.

We can pin down creation similarly by combination of the lineages listed above and the fact that people were created on the sixth day of creation. Again, it would be within a range, but you could certainly extrapolate a maximum age just by looking at the maximum age of everyone listed from Adam down to Joseph.

Who said I believe in the literal dates of the patriarchs and that their descendants are direct descendants rather than notable descendants? Who said Genesis comes from four different authorships that contradicts one another? You don't believe in JEDP authorship of the Tanach? I'm surprised...

So let's sum up so far:

You believe in evolution, and the literal garden of Eden myth. Hobo

You commented on another thread that there is life on other planets, but it consists of angels, and you believe in evolution. Hobo

You believe that the Noahtic flood happened, but it's some bizarre, distant, non-falsifiable time in the past and could have been all ice instead of water depending on how fast it was. Hobo

You have a bizarre fantasy world that you've constructed that doesn't quite follow conventional religion, it sure doesn't follow any scientific reality. Hobo

Maybe you'll get tired of this weird fantasy world of yours when you grow up and accept reality, or maybe you'll double down on fantasyland and completely lose touch with reality, this seems to be the direction you prefer.

Hopefully you won't "gedaken" yourself into flapping your arms as you step off of a cliff and fly with your Jeebus wings or believing you can let poisonous snakes bite you, but as far as I can tell, this will probably be exactly what you'll end up doing.

[Image: 56692635.jpg]

25-02-2015, 10:17 AM
Are you saying it's not possible to believe both in Evolution and that God singled out two persons to work the beginnings of sin and redemption? The animals don't sin, why couldn't prehistoric man have been similar? Or don't you believe that homo sapiens is divided into ancient man and modern, thinking man?

25-02-2015, 10:31 AM
(25-02-2015 10:17 AM)Delusion Boy Wrote:  Are you saying it's not possible to believe both in Evolution and that God singled out two persons to work the beginnings of sin and redemption? The animals don't sin, why couldn't prehistoric man have been similar? Or don't you believe that homo sapiens is divided into ancient man and modern, thinking man?

You are in fantasy land.

[Image: 17.jpg]

25-02-2015, 10:47 AM
(25-02-2015 10:17 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Are you saying it's not possible to believe both in Evolution and that God singled out two persons to work the beginnings of sin and redemption? The animals don't sin, why couldn't prehistoric man have been similar? Or don't you believe that homo sapiens is divided into ancient man and modern, thinking man?

That wouldn't be a literal belief of the situation... that's why there is contrast to things you are saying. I'm sure you have internal gymnastics around it though.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-02-2015, 02:24 PM
(24-02-2015 01:29 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Who said I believe in the literal dates of the patriarchs and that their descendants are direct descendants rather than notable descendants? Who said Genesis comes from four different authorships that contradicts one another? You don't believe in JEDP authorship of the Tanach? I'm surprised...

Oh, well, maybe you don't.

What do you believe about the lineages listed in the Bible? Do you believe they are accurate? If not, what do you believe about them and why are they in the Bible?
26-02-2015, 11:38 AM
I believe every word of the Bible is literal and true where it plainly speaks literally, not poetically. Hebrew scholars have said that "son of" can also indicate "notable descendant" as in "a true son of Scotland wouldn't drink" Wink or "Jesus, Son of David" since there are 27 generations between Jesus and David! (But no--TTA members can't sit tight without telling me the Bishop of Usher said Creation was 5:15 and 30 seconds AM 6000 and 3.14159265358 years ago, so the Bishop understands the Bible--not that TTA members agree with the Bishop about ANYTHING else the Bishop says about the Bible.)

In other words, repeating, there is no date for Creation or the Noahic Flood in the Bible. None. Zero. Zilch. But there IS scientific evidence that titanic (pun not intended) and continent-spanning bodies of water affected the geography of the Earth. Repeating also, the ice--melted--leaving continent-sized glaciation earth movement as these glaciers "calved".

Would you like to all do another two pages of "Oh, man, I don't get it, Q is crazy," or really, really talk about evidence for a Flood? (Don't bother--I wouldn't dream of asking you to read an entire book on the subject.)