Cheap Jews Claim Membership But Don't Pay

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-08-2012, 09:15 AM
RE: Cheap Jews Claim Membership But Don't Pay
(15-08-2012 06:07 AM)Jeff Wrote:  ...it took three days to be noticed.

No, it didn't.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-08-2012, 09:20 AM
(16-08-2012 08:25 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 08:16 AM)BnW Wrote:  So, you go out of your way to be a douchebag to see if anyone calls you out as a douchebag for it?

That's pretty ... well, douchy, for lack of a better phrase. So, in conclusion, If you were going for "douchebag", you nailed it.

Well, you would know.

And why would that be?

I may be direct in my approach, but what I am not is someone who goes out of their way to be insulting or denigrating to another group or person in the attempt to show some soft of intellectual superiority. What you've done here is made some ridiculous, bigoted comment to see what type of reaction you would get; you act is if you are some sort of superior and the rest of the forum are your lab rats and intellectual inferiors that need to be tested by you. I'm not sure what is more insulting: your initial comments or your confessed attitude to other members of the community.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-08-2012, 09:25 AM
(16-08-2012 09:20 AM)BnW Wrote:  I may be direct in my approach, but what I am not is someone who goes out of their way to be insulting or denigrating to another group or person in the attempt to show some soft of intellectual superiority.

When you called me a "douchebag", were you not going out of your way to be insulting or denigrating to me?
16-08-2012, 09:39 AM
Hey, Jeff.

Quote:Matt, is the point of all this "gee I still don't get it" that you are asking me if I am anti-semitic? Is that your question? I think I've answered it but if I answer it again will it permit you to move on?

Uhm, hi. You asked me a question. I answered it. In a really straight forward manner. I said, explicitly, that what you said in the OP now, thanks to your elaboration, seemed reasonable to me and that I was not leveling any claim of anti-Semitism toward you. I was; however, leveling it at other members of the forum. So, yeah. You have answered it. I already moved on. But you seem to be harping on it for some reason. Who ya tryin to convince, maaaaaaaaan? Who ya tryin to convince?

My other question was just that. Another question. If you don't wish to respond to it, such is life. But these two things are separate.

Peace and Love and Empathy,

Matt
16-08-2012, 09:53 AM
(16-08-2012 09:25 AM)Jeff Wrote:  
(16-08-2012 09:20 AM)BnW Wrote:  I may be direct in my approach, but what I am not is someone who goes out of their way to be insulting or denigrating to another group or person in the attempt to show some soft of intellectual superiority.

When you called me a "douchebag", were you not going out of your way to be insulting or denigrating to me?

Fair enough. I should have clarified my comment and said I don't come out of the gate with that approach. However, in my defense here, your description of what you were doing pretty much begged for that type of response and I stand by my analysis of your approach. I find it highly insulting. Others may see it differently.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
16-08-2012, 10:16 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2012 11:12 AM by Jeff.)
(16-08-2012 09:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I know, but it was because of that blank slate that the questions arose:

Yeah, but the questions say something about the questioner, which I think is interesting. I don't feel like I need to try to guide the thread to head in a specific direction, not that that seems to be possible anyway. I don't see the problem here that seems to be concerning you. Posting a link to an interesting article without comment doesn't seem like an unusual behavior in internet forums.

(16-08-2012 09:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  Why?
What are you getting at?
What are you trying to say?

Why - hey, there's a new biblical movie, first I've heard of it, here's the link
What are you getting at? - I know nothing about it, maybe someone else does?
What are you trying to say? - there's a new movie that may make some noise across the atheist-theist boundary, that's sort of interesting.

(16-08-2012 09:05 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  It's not a judgment, I'm just saying how ambiguity comes across in situations like this.

The judging part were the comments such as "random, unwarranted attack". Wha?

KC, I think you are trying to be helpful to me, which I appreciate, but I'm a mature man and already aware of my style and how it can come across. My thread posting style is at times very provocative, sometimes subtly provocative and other times a blank canvas. All three types tend to draw incoming fire. That's fine, I gotta be me. When other people post some sort of provocative idea, they wil usually post all sorts of disclaimers - "I'm not a ..... but ...." or "I ain't saying 'nothing but ...." or "I don't mean to offend you but ...." . To me that's all bullshit. What matters is what comes after the but. Other people have different styles, some of which I like and some of which I don't. Some people are cute and cuddly, that's not me. I don't know what my avatar should be or what signature I should have. I'm just here for the exchange of ideas. That means I won't be the most popular belle at the ball and that's fine. What I reject is the idea that my style is invalid. It's my style, I have my reasons, I accept the consequences. For example, I've got one guy calling me a douchebag, Ghost calling me an anti-semite, and someone else asking if I understand that the "America Fuck Yeah!" theme is a jingoistic parody. So plenty of consequences. The response I got in this thread that is most closely aligned with where my head is at was from Azaraith who said "Jews are cheap? What news! (I kid...) "
[+] 1 user Likes Jeff's post
16-08-2012, 10:23 AM
(16-08-2012 09:53 AM)BnW Wrote:  However, in my defense here, your description of what you were doing pretty much begged for that type of response and I stand by my analysis of your approach. I find it highly insulting. Others may see it differently.

OK, so it's my fault that you called me a douchebag. Understood.
16-08-2012, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2012 10:39 AM by Vosur.)
(16-08-2012 10:16 AM)Jeff Wrote:  Vosur calling me some kind of anti-german
I pointed out that your accusation was a broad generalization, i.e. thinking that because I come from country A, I dislike X for reason B. Never have I called you an anti-german or even something remotely similar. As I've said, it works both ways: Because of your cultural heritage (USA), it's not surprising that you are in favor of patriotism. (not my actual opinion)

I don't feel like derailing another topic, so I ask you not to misrepresent what I say in the future, or, in case you are unable/unwilling to do that, not to mention me at all. I don't want to justify myself everytime this happens. Thanks in advance.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
16-08-2012, 10:51 AM
Yeah, just giving friendly advice is all.

Remember though, no matter how wise or mature you may be, a truly wise and mature person will never be closed to the suggestions or advice from others.

Smile

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
16-08-2012, 10:51 AM
(16-08-2012 10:36 AM)Vosur Wrote:  so I ask you not to misrepresent what I say in the future, or, in case you are unable/unwilling to do that, not to mention me at all. I don't want to justify myself everytime this happens. Thanks in advance.

Heh, welcome to my world. Thumbsup

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]