Cheap, Mis, and other door-to-door saviors...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2013, 01:24 PM
RE: Cheap, Mis, and other door-to-door saviors...
(01-02-2013 01:14 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  My ex-fiancee went on a mission (Mormon) to Finland for two years. Pretty much 5 days a week, usually more than 8 hour days, knocking and proselytizing and spreading the good word. She converted only about a dozen new Mormons, some of whom "dropped out" before her two year mission was over; I guess some were just experimenting.

She also talked a bunch of people (more than her converts) into returning to their own religion. Her mission president didn't like that very much (he never said it in words, but I'm sure his point was that these lonely, lost, former Christian "seekers" were on the brink, ready to be pushed into religion, ripe for the plucking as it were, so it was a wasted opportunity to push them back into their own former faith rather than recruit them into LDS).

But really, 2 years, full time, only about a dozen converts. And she was super-devout, more dedicated than most of her sister missionaries.

Just imagine what she (and the others) might have accomplished doing something useful for 2 years.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Cheap, Mis, and other door-to-door saviors... - Chas - 01-02-2013 01:24 PM