Cheap assed shit.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Cheap assed shit.
This is what i get in my reputation today:

Time to clear up the rambling, pseudo-mathematical baloney and make some cogent contribution.

It would be might-t-fine if there were no rep, that shit could be hashed out in the open, I'm saying.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-12-2011, 11:09 AM
RE: Cheap assed shit.
It's okay Cantor. Some people just don't have the mental capacity to understand your brilliance. We'll just have to accept that there are people who lack the ability to keep up with us.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Hamata k's post
01-12-2011, 11:15 AM
(01-12-2011 11:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This is what i get in my reputation today:

Time to clear up the rambling, pseudo-mathematical baloney and make some cogent contribution.

It would be might-t-fine if there were no rep, that shit could be hashed out in the open, I'm saying.

That's from me. Here I am out in the open.
Some of your posts are insightful, many are amusing, but a lot are just way out there. Just saying that those don't contribute to the discussion.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
01-12-2011, 12:29 PM
(01-12-2011 11:02 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  This is what i get in my reputation today:

I thought you were a nut at first. Now every now and then I catch a glimpse of some really brilliant insights Smile By all means carry on, I think maybe one day I'll really understand you. And I love your Gwyneth Paltrow tattoo - it's amazing Smile
01-12-2011, 12:40 PM

I have a friend who really admires intellectuals.

He often says about someone: "He is so brilliant that I don't understand a word he is saying".

Of course, I reply: "Then how do you know he is brilliant?"

There is a fine line between intellectual snobbery and real understanding.

However, Cantor often says some really impressive things, you just have to dig for it -- sometime real deep.

The rest of the time: "He is so brilliant that I don't understand a word he is saying".

Tongue
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Zatamon's post
01-12-2011, 12:51 PM
OK, I got two cents to throw in here.

When you (HoC) first came on here, I kind of felt the same as Chas. It seemed like a lot of what you said was intentionally trying to sound profound. I took a while for me to start picking out the really interesting parts of what you say, and muddling through how you say it.

I've gotten to a point where I really enjoy some of your posts, and I'm cool with skipping them if they don't make sense to me (which is a good chunk of them). But at the end of the day, I really like what you bring to this forum.

Like I said in another thread, you are either a genius, or completely nuts, but either way I like you.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 4 users Like Stark Raving's post
01-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I also had a nigh impossible time understanding you when you first came here which I made mention of once or twice without being mean I think. Once with a super clever reference to Alice in wonderland that was so great I was surprised my rep didn't soar to new heights Wink
But now oddly enough I rarely have trouble understanding you minus the 4 stuff. I also enjoy the majority of your posts. Patience is earned not given just like respect. You have earned both of those from me.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
01-12-2011, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 06:53 PM by houseofcantor.)
(01-12-2011 11:15 AM)Chas Wrote:  

That's from me. Here I am out in the open.
Some of your posts are insightful, many are amusing, but a lot are just way out there. Just saying that those don't contribute to the discussion.

Thank you. The only "cheap assed shit" was lack of a reference point. As an hypothesis ever unfolding, I need constant monitoring.

It will sound self-centered, but I write for myself; I am reaction to the action of the moment. Perhaps I don't whine enough? That technically I am "so insane," more than a few shrinks checked the box and shook the head after a paragraph or two?

And how am I supposed to explain this rationally, "processing simultaneity, encoding concept in number, geometry, imagery -having a visual intelligence" Fuck does that mean?

I posted here because all things considered, I'd rather see the reputation feature removed; and this was an opportunity to espouse that view.
Brilliance... that might be the problem... I ain't brilliant. I'm too simple, and I represent an aspect of humanity most normal peeps never witness in the real world - inhumanty.
Love the creator is also love the destroyer - and my "love of my Gwynnies" is a wonder to behold... like a zit half the size of my face, or seeing the lizard under the mask.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
01-12-2011, 07:28 PM
You've got to see HoC with the right side of the brain, you guys. There are drugs for that.... Big Grin

H... I really do get it... some of the time....

Who can turn skies back and begin again?
[+] 3 users Like defacto7's post
01-12-2011, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 07:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
(01-12-2011 12:51 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  When you (HoC) first came on here, I kind of felt the same as Chas. It seemed like a lot of what you said was intentionally trying to sound profound. ... Like I said in another thread, you are either a genius, or completely nuts, but either way I like you.

Dude is certifably insane. And by that I mean he has been certified insane by the medical profession and has been upfront in saying so. That not only buys him some serious leeway, but also a shitload of serious street cred in my mind. He was clearly an Engineering or Physics University student before shit went south (for reasons I could care less about) and retains much of that education to this day. I not only can understand and relate to him, I feel like I can connect with him. He feels like meeting an old friend while wandering aimlessly in the desert to me. ... Of course, realize that I am also certifiably insane, I just keep refusing to accept the certification by continually rescheduling the evaluation to a later date. It would negatively impact my livelihood. In my experience, I've found that I don't actually have to be sane, I just have to act like I am and nobody seems the wiser. Wink

Breathing - it's more art than science.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post