Cheating

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: Cheating
(20-08-2017 08:54 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Our society is based on a book of tribal lore and mythology passed down by a patriarchy of more or less celibate monks. This has left us with some very strange baggage and we should probably see a therapist.

The definition of cheating is when somebody in a relationship isn't playing by the rules. If the rules allow sleeping with other people then it isn't cheating. What's important is that everybody understands what the rules are.

^ this...

If you feel you have to hide what you do sexually/emotionally from a partner than you already know that it's cheating.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
21-08-2017, 02:50 AM
RE: Cheating
Mentioned in other threads, although I'm all about monogamy, and the general implications of that. Why that is, I'm not 100% sure in all honesty, most likely due to my upbringing, surrounding events at the time, but I'm not against others doing whatever makes them feel happy.

I'm from a family of divorce, which goes back from my parents, and then back further 2-3 generations on my fathers side. Yet I still see relationships and marriage as a meaningful thing. Maybe it's due to the impact my own fathers infidelity's have had on my family and myself personally over the years, or maybe it's just a personal preference. All I know is, If I like one person, I give myself wholly to them, and expect the same in return. If they don't like me or I don't like them anymore, then that's fine also, you can break up and move on. As such, I don't really see the point of saying "you are my girl/boyfriend" and then also seeing others, when you might as well just not commit in anyway to anybody, and just sleep around, which people do and is cool if you're into that sort of thing.

For me, it boils down to trust. If I can trust you to commit to a relationship, I can trust you with anything. If you abuse that trust, I can't be with you.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply