Check out the progress of my planted aquarium.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-07-2013, 04:53 PM
RE: Check out the progress of my planted aquarium.
Sweet man, looks like it will be cool.

I made a large rock/sand tank for some cichlids back in college. Long story short my moving plans got ****ed up, a friend with a van dicked out on me and wouldn't help me move the tank before dragging me to his awful emo christian rock gig (going to his show was a condition of helping me move my stuff) only to arrive 3 fucking hours early for it and I had to leave my tank in the middle of campus...The tank, my cichlids and my very expensive golden pleco probably went home with some building/cleaning contractors, as it was gone by the time I got back to campus....Still mad about it.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2013, 08:10 PM
(16-07-2013 11:16 AM)dclarion Wrote:  You're giving me some ideas. I want to set my 30-gal rig back up once I've redone my library. Do I see your substrate as gravel? I ran a Walstad tank at my previous abode, and although it took a few months to get going, it worked out very well.

Could you give me an idea of the growth rate of the baby tears? That looks like something I'd want to plant.

My substrate is CaribSea Floramax mixed with Super Naturals sand. It's sort of like crush lava rock but the sand makes it a tad softer and holds the plants down better. I don't yet have any experience with the tears but I understand they grow slowly. I'll start with two 3x5 patches of them and quarter them then space them out. It'll take a while for it to spread across to the rest of the tank.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
16-07-2013, 08:15 PM

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post