Check out this hydrogen Mercedes. Awesome video of it with 'invisibility cloak'.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-03-2012, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 30-03-2012 06:45 PM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
RE: Check out this hydrogen Mercedes. Awesome video of it with 'invisibility cloak'.
(28-03-2012 04:25 AM)Filox Wrote:  Yeah, I just went out here too quickly, until I realised we are talking about HYDROGEN, not WATER, I have already written most of my post, so I felt bad to delete it. As it is always with my posts, I like to exaggerate things, but I always think that you will feel my nervous "touch" in my posts...

Anyway, you said that the that old car that can run forever with one gallon of petrol was a conspiracy? Guess again, because Filox does not lie!!

Quote: 1959 Opel P1

The subject of countless interviews for television, radio, film and
print, this is the world-famous and world-renowned Opel Experimental
prototype which holds the world record to date for a gasoline-powered
vehicle of its size and only mild modification from the original stock
pushrod engine. This 1959 Opel achieved over 376 miles per gallon in
Wood River, Illinois, in 1973!!

Featured in the Guinness Book of World Records as well as many
publications (several of which accompany this car), it had been hidden
from the public at the Talladega Motor Museum where is laid to waste for
decades. Still clad in its original livery, it is functioning today and
would make any collector, museum, special-interest hobbyist or
institution proud.

One of the most significant and milestone vehicles of all time, this
petroleum-driven vehicle has held the worlds’ record for more than 35
YEARS. Please read the attached press release and contact us if you
require additional information.
http://www.opel-p1.nl/custom/testcar/Shell%20Opel.htm

"Now you can suck it, you can suck it, and you can suck it. You can all SUCK IT!!"

Big Grin

This is the proof how the technologies are hidden, how they do not want to make a car that spends no fuel. This is a car from 1959!! How in the hell can they not make even more fuel efficient cars today then? Why the hell can no hydrogen or hybrid car come even close to these numbers? Why? Do you think it is too expensive, or that the oil industry does not allow things like this to be mass produced? I always look for the most simple solution, and in this case, oil lobbies are the most simple explanation.

They can all suck it with their "new and improved" technologies. They ALL lie!

Here, more quotes from Shell originally.

Quote: Shell writes
of their achievements: 49.73 MPG around 1939; 149.95 MPG with a 1947
Studebaker in 1949; 244.35 MPG with a 1959 Fiat 600 in 1968; 376.59 MPG with a
1959 Opel in 1973
Just look at the years, and then try to figure out how much have we impoved all the technology from that time, yet our cars have not been more fuel efficient... Or very little.

Of course, this is the rest of the story, the second part, the other side of the coin, but the fact remains that it was made over 35 years ago and that with today's technology, we could be doing at least double the mileage we are doing...

http://www.race-cardrivers.com/Shell%20Opel.htm

If this is true you should reconstruct one of these cars and verify these results are true. And if you can make one of these cars and sell it as an affordable model for consumer purchase, I'd do so. There's a big market for them and you stand to become the next billionaire if youre successful.

Keep in mind theres often a big difference between an idea on paper thats physically plausible and the actula machine with thousands of parts, thousands of lines of software code thats all integrated, functional, reliable, meets the design specifications, is safe, can be used with existing infrastructure, and is affordable. Entreprunuer Elan Musk of Tesla motors is starting to learn this the hard way, as he nearly went bankrupt on the Tesla Roadster.

Often people run with these kinds of numbers and test vehicles, that cannot be verified with repeated tests (Remember Cold Fusion?). And there may be a variety of reasons why you cannot market said vehicle that are not immediatly obvious. Check it out. Do a few back of the envelope calculations. You may be surprised what you find.
An ever bigger problem for hydrogen fueled vehicles is where do you get cheap, free hydrogen?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2012, 12:13 AM
RE: Check out this hydrogen Mercedes. Awesome video of it with 'invisibility cloak'.
Those cars won't pass safety or emissions standards. They didn't even have catalitic convertors.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
31-03-2012, 12:48 AM
(31-03-2012 12:13 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Those cars won't pass safety or emissions standards. They didn't even have catalitic convertors.

There you go. There's a myriad of reasons why you don't drive these cars today.
31-03-2012, 12:59 AM
(31-03-2012 12:48 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  
(31-03-2012 12:13 AM)germanyt Wrote:  Those cars won't pass safety or emissions standards. They didn't even have catalitic convertors.

There you go. There's a myriad of reasons why you don't drive these cars today.
No, its because its all a bunch of conspiracy malarkey. The car and oil industry are in cahoots, so the car manufacturers, all of them, are intentionally not using these secret past inventions.

Germanyt just said that because he Ron Paul and Faux News told him the EPA was bad.
31-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Big Grin

I see that you did carefully read the whole article, so you have also seen the other side of the coin, as I have pointed out that it is an experimental prototype and that it can not drive normally. This car was made 50 years ago just to show that some things CAN be done. Now, somebody should have taken the schematics and the prototype and work on it so that maybe some parts of it were to be used in a normal car. But no, what did they do? They have forgotten about the car and left it to rot! I was just trying to point out that there is a pattern of slowing the progress down, because otherwise, it would not be profitable for "them", it would be profitable for "us".

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
31-03-2012, 10:35 AM
(31-03-2012 03:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  Big Grin

I see that you did carefully read the whole article, so you have also seen the other side of the coin, as I have pointed out that it is an experimental prototype and that it can not drive normally. This car was made 50 years ago just to show that some things CAN be done. Now, somebody should have taken the schematics and the prototype and work on it so that maybe some parts of it were to be used in a normal car. But no, what did they do? They have forgotten about the car and left it to rot! I was just trying to point out that there is a pattern of slowing the progress down, because otherwise, it would not be profitable for "them", it would be profitable for "us".

If that's true, then with your own time and finances, please resurrect this vehicle and build a similar Model for consumer purchase today. You'll either have a smash hit or quickly learn why these cars never made it to market.
31-03-2012, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2012 02:51 PM by Antirepublican.)
(31-03-2012 03:51 AM)Filox Wrote:  Big Grin

That is just it. If it actually worked, a car manufacturer would do it. They would damn near have a monopoly on the car industry overnight.
Also why is it that all these amazing car experiments happened decades ago? Are we to believe those people understood the science and engineering better than us, or are we to believe some conspiracy theory involving the oil industry.

There are even MPG contest conducted across the country, yet no one can match these results.
02-04-2012, 03:06 AM
My point exactly, if they did this 40 years ago, how come nobody bothered to break the world record since then? So, why not make a prototype experimental car with modern technology and break the record? It should be piece of cake with todays technology, but where are the tests? There is always more than meets the eye...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
03-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Did you watch that documentary gashole per chance?
03-04-2012, 08:35 PM
I submitted this conspiracy theory to Mythbusters. Hope Adam & Jamie do a show on it!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 1 user Likes Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post