Check out this thorough and 100% accurate list of cults

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 11:28 AM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 11:35 AM by cactus.)
Check out this thorough and 100% accurate list of cults
http://www.eaec.org/cults.htm

Quote:If you look up "CULT" in the dictionary, you will find a very broad definition of the word which could apply to almost any group of people that worship any person or image or even someone that follows Jesus.
Oh, heaven forbid! Gasp

Quote:The dictionary definition is not specific as to what a cult really is.
Oh please, do go on Drinking Beverage

Quote:We all know that man wrote the dictionary with head knowledge, but the word of God is inspired by the Spirit of God and is our only absolute truth.
Oh yes, we certainly do all know that.

Quote:A cult according to the Word of God is any group of people that worship anything or anyone other than Jesus Christ, and believe anything contrary to His Word as found in the Bible.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm calling Merriam-Webster right now to inform them of the anti-TRUTH biases that run rampant in their dictionary.

bladidee blah, ble blah. okay, let's take a look at this list of cults, shall we. Surely it will be filled will all sorts of fascinating stuff, like the Jim Jones Cult, Heaven's Gate, Ordo Templi Orientis...

Oh wait, what's this... it appears to just be a list of a bunch of major religions, minor religions, religions no one has heard of, non-religions, non-cults, personal philosophical views, subjective Biblical interpretations, and a misspelled field of well-documented, thoroughly peer-reviewed, evidence-based scientific research. Consider
Hmm, Protestant Evangelical Christianity seems to be conspicuously missing from the list.... hmmmm....... Consider
.........yep, seems totally legit to me. Thumbsup

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
24-04-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Check out this thorough and 100% accurate list of cults
(24-04-2016 11:28 AM)cactus Wrote:  http://www.eaec.org/cults.htm

Quote:If you look up "CULT" in the dictionary, you will find a very broad definition of the word which could apply to almost any group of people that worship any person or image or even someone that follows Jesus.
Oh, heaven forbid! Gasp

Quote:The dictionary definition is not specific as to what a cult really is.
Oh please, do go on Drinking Beverage

Quote:We all know that man wrote the dictionary with head knowledge, but the word of God is inspired by the Spirit of God and is our only absolute truth.

Quote:A cult according to the Word of God is any group of people that worship anything or anyone other than Jesus Christ, and believe anything contrary to His Word as found in the Bible.
Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm calling Merriam-Webster right now to inform them of the anti-TRUTH biases that run rampant in their dictionary.

bladidee blah, ble blah. okay, let's take a look at this list of cults, shall we. Surely it will be filled will all sorts of fascinating stuff, like the Jim Jones Cult, Heaven's Gate, Ordo Templi Orientis...

Oh wait, what's this... it appears to just be a list of a bunch of major religions, minor religions, religions no one has heard of, non-religions, non-cults, personal philosophical views, subjective Biblical interpretations, and a misspelled field of well-documented, thoroughly peer-reviewed, evidence-based scientific research. Consider
Hmm, Protestant Evangelical Christianity seems to be conspicuously missing from the list.... hmmmm....... Consider
.........yep, seems totally legit to me. Thumbsup

Oh! Turns out I was raised in a cult. 2,000 years ago when my ancestors rejected Jesus in favor of using properly read and understood messianic prophecies, all of Judaism became a cult. Thumbsup
24-04-2016, 01:19 PM
(24-04-2016 11:28 AM)cactus Wrote:  

"head" knowledge? I'll take that over what looks to be ass knowledge as in pulled-right-out-of-his.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
24-04-2016, 08:28 PM

I have no problem with this definition. The Bible is stuffed full of contradictions, so you have to believe something that's contrary to some portion of it or other. That makes all religions cults. Accurate enough if not terribly useful.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
24-04-2016, 08:31 PM
Head knowledge sounds pretty good

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-04-2016, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 24-04-2016 09:14 PM by cactus.)
I received some head knowledge last night, know what I'm sayin

Oh man, the quotes from this site are absolutely hilarious...
Quote:[Atheists] believe that the universe, earth and its life probably evolved by Evolution.
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Quote:People need to learn the truth in order to expose evolutionism as being largely responsible for molding the thinking of hosts of people like Adolph Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Pol Pot of the Khmer in Cambodia, Margaret Sanger, and Karl Marx, who have caused untold suffering in our world.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
24-04-2016, 09:07 PM
(24-04-2016 08:57 PM)cactus Wrote:  I received some head knowledge last night, know what I'm sayin

Oh man, the quotes from this site are absolutely hilarious...
Quote:[Atheists] believe that the universe, earth and its life probably evolved by Evolution.
Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

Makes as much sense as saying, "I drove there by driving."
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
24-04-2016, 11:24 PM
So basically his definition of 'cult' is the same as the dictionaries, only difference being that it specifies his particular world-view is exempt. Gee, that sounds like something a cultist would conjecture.
24-04-2016, 11:47 PM
(24-04-2016 01:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh! Turns out I was raised in a cult. 2,000 years ago when my ancestors rejected Jesus in favor of using properly read and understood messianic prophecies, all of Judaism became a cult. Thumbsup

All religions are cults.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-04-2016, 12:01 AM
(24-04-2016 11:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 01:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  Oh! Turns out I was raised in a cult. 2,000 years ago when my ancestors rejected Jesus in favor of using properly read and understood messianic prophecies, all of Judaism became a cult. Thumbsup

All religions are cults.

Except one that by virtue of indoctrination is thought to be true by person x.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post