Checking in!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2012, 02:21 PM
Checking in!
Hey guys/gals and KC,

How have y'all been (yeah I said y'all). My wife and I are both going to school for LPN (nursing). I plan on going a lot further, but ya know baby steps. Smile

Man this is the first time I've taken to do something other than study. This is tons of terms. It's not really hard, just tons to know in very little amount of time. I'm constantly hearing the instructors talk about God did this and did that. Even a minor discussion about how our instructor didn't really know how to comfort an atheist patient. I keep my mouth shut because my wife and I are the only 2 atheists in class and I'm not trying to stir the pot. I just want to study and get the hell outta this place!

I do stress how much I know Evolution is a fact. One person said, "That's what you believe and I just don't believe it." Of course I responded with "I don't believe, I know it's fact." That got me a look of course lmao.

There are 3 Penticostal girls that sit behind my wife and I. I'm making an average of "96%" in Anatomy and Physiology. These gals are scraping by. During the test they are rubbing their prayer cloth thingy.....After the test they tell me about how they rubbed their cloth when they didn't know the answers. The whole time I'm thinking, if you'd study more and do less fockin praying you might know this shit! I find it hilarious how influenced these people are by their religion. I guess I never noticed until I've been thrown into it.

Well I figured I'd drop a line and tell some that I got to know on here, what has been going on! I'll check this post on and off this weekend. I have tons of studying to do!

Idiot: : a foolish or stupid person
— idiot adjective
See Republican Candidates.

Keeping realism alive, one honest offensive comment at a time!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Clint Barnett's post
10-02-2012, 02:28 PM
RE: Checking in!
(10-02-2012 02:21 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  Hey guys/gals and KC,

How have y'all been (yeah I said y'all). My wife and I are both going to school for LPN (nursing). I plan on going a lot further, but ya know baby steps. Smile

Man this is the first time I've taken to do something other than study. This is tons of terms. It's not really hard, just tons to know in very little amount of time. I'm constantly hearing the instructors talk about God did this and did that. Even a minor discussion about how our instructor didn't really know how to comfort an atheist patient. I keep my mouth shut because my wife and I are the only 2 atheists in class and I'm not trying to stir the pot. I just want to study and get the hell outta this place!

I do stress how much I know Evolution is a fact. One person said, "That's what you believe and I just don't believe it." Of course I responded with "I don't believe, I know it's fact." That got me a look of course lmao.

There are 3 Penticostal girls that sit behind my wife and I. I'm making an average of "96%" in Anatomy and Physiology. These gals are scraping by. During the test they are rubbing their prayer cloth thingy.....After the test they tell me about how they rubbed their cloth when they didn't know the answers. The whole time I'm thinking, if you'd study more and do less fockin praying you might know this shit! I find it hilarious how influenced these people are by their religion. I guess I never noticed until I've been thrown into it.

Well I figured I'd drop a line and tell some that I got to know on here, what has been going on! I'll check this post on and off this weekend. I have tons of studying to do!

I work in admissions at a school that teaches medical programs. And I'm surrounded by bible thumpers. I feel your pain.

Kind of odd isn't it. For staunch Christians to make a living teaching human anatomy and biology.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
10-02-2012, 02:33 PM
Quote:Kind of odd isn't it. For staunch Christians to make a living teaching human anatomy and biology.

Never thought of it in that light, but you are right, I do know a lot of christian medical experts.. That is very odd!! How can they study so much science and then dismiss other parts so easily. So anatomy is correct but geology is kooky.. hmmm..

Life is short and hard like a body building elf-- Blood Hound Gang
[+] 2 users Like k37713's post
10-02-2012, 02:38 PM
Oh yeah, man it's odd. Sitting there in class and hearing everything then they say it's all about "Critical Thinking." I'm like "DO WHAT!!!!"

— idiot adjective

[+] 2 users Like Clint Barnett's post
10-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Holy shit Clint. Been a while. Nice to see you drop in man.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
I've been jealously hating your guts. I was convinced that you had run off with MY Atheist Girl!!!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
10-02-2012, 03:33 PM
(10-02-2012 02:21 PM)Clint Barnett Wrote:  How have y'all been (yeah I said y'all). My wife and I are both going to school for LPN (nursing). I plan on going a lot further, but ya know baby steps. Smile

Way to go, Clint! Big Grin

And nursing is a noble profession in and of itself. My mom was a RN. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Good for you -Girly is right- nursing is a noble profession! So many facilities are horribly understaffed and finding capable nursing is nearly impossible. Your work will be priceless! Smile

You know, I wonder about the faithful who go into such professions. Sometimes, I get the feeling they can only get just so far, and then they seem limited. Maybe it's just my imagination but - that's certainly what I've encountered.

What special fields will you both be going into -babies, old people, specific disease care- or have you reached those decisions yet? Whatever you both do, I'm sure you'll go into it 100 percent.

Don't hurry to answer our questions, but if you need some stress relief - you know where to come.
Stay healthy, get plenty of rest, keep focused on the studies -both of you! Wink

As always:
Angel Go with God. Angel
NOT Tongue

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
10-02-2012, 05:19 PM
I think many religious people go into the medical field to help people, as they believe it is their "calling." Of course they don't realize that if their god was real they wouldn't need to do anything at all...

Better without God, and happier too.
[+] 2 users Like Azaraith's post
14-02-2012, 04:14 PM
I'm thinking of pushing myself to Nurse Practitioner. Maybe go a little further. I honestly am loving the biology more than I ever did back in High School. Especially now I know a lot more about evolution and I don't have religious beliefs holding me back from certain things.

As far as what my wife's plans...I,she has no idea.

No I did not take off with your woman Ex! lol

— idiot adjective

[+] 1 user Likes Clint Barnett's post