Checking in from the heart of the bible belt

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2015, 06:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 07:05 PM by eminart.)
Checking in from the heart of the bible belt
Hey guys!

I was born in, and still live in the occasionally great and often ignorantly backward state of Alabama. Thankfully, my parents weren't particularly religious, although I'm sure they both still identify as "christians". Luckily for me, my dad would never have considered giving up a day in the woods hunting or a day on the water fishing to spend it sitting in church. So, my relative lack of church time, coupled with a naturally skeptical and argumentative mind, made me a doubter from the start. I guess I was officially an atheist sometime in my teenaged years. I'm now a full-fledged, cranky, 38 year old, openly atheist Alabamian. I never used to consider religion much at all, but the extremist, nutjob, right-wing politicians are making it such an issue these days that I've decided to be heard.

So, anyway, Hi. Glad to find some rational people to hang out with.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes eminart's post
03-03-2015, 07:01 PM
RE: Checking in from the heart of the bible belt
Welcome!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

04-03-2015, 07:10 AM
Welcome aboard!

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
04-03-2015, 07:17 AM
Rational??

Here???

Surely you're confusing us with someone else.....

Wink

Welcome aboard..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-03-2015, 08:15 AM
Why is it that we never hear from the colon or leather of the bible belt? It's always the heart, or the buckle. Consider

While we all take a moment to ponder this fact, welcome to the forum Eminart. I hope that your stay proves to be an insightful, entertaining and educative one.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
04-03-2015, 09:03 AM
(04-03-2015 08:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why is it that we never hear from the colon or leather of the bible belt? It's always the heart, or the buckle. Consider

Because there are no atheists in Louisiana.