Cheese... Fromage... Queso... Formaggio...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-08-2017, 10:49 PM
RE: Cheese... Fromage... Queso... Formaggio...
Having managed a coffee & tea shop, I agree skim milk isn't really food. It's horrible shit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
22-08-2017, 12:52 AM
Oh god, I love cheese so much. It's the hardest of all things to give up when I need to give things up. I will eat it all. Hard, soft. Refreshing, stinky. So yum. I feel like the capital SNOB because I enjoy it with red wine. But I don't boist... I eat the combinations in a dark closet at parties just so I can enjoy and not be judged. Laugh out load

There is only one I have a hard time with for some reason, I don't know why. Marble. I can have it, I don't hate it, but I don't enjoy it like alllllllllll the other kinds. Heart Why? I really don't know. It's so midline. Strange. Consider

Invite me to an ugly sweater cheese party and I am there from start to finish. Bon Formage!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
22-08-2017, 07:11 AM
I love lots of different cheeses. My favorites are probably Edam and aged Vermont white cheddar extra-sharp. I like experimenting ... my main supermarket has an import cheese section I will shop from time to time.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-08-2017, 07:33 AM
Black pepper goat cheese and smoked maple cheddar (divine when paired with apples).

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
22-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Ok total cheese snob here, but rest assured, I have been appropriately punished for my snobbery: I am now lactose intolerant Weeping

Just to give you some idea, when I was a child (about 6) and travelled to France to visit family, I tried a cheese called "Caprice des dieux" (with little angels on it).
Kind of like a brie, but pretty ordinary by French standards, but unavailable in Canada at the time.
I remembered it so fondly that it was the first thing I could think of when my mother announced that we were going back to France - four YEARS later.

Anyways, my favourite cheese is a raw-milk (cow's) semi-soft cheese called Époisse Bowing
They age it by caressing it by hand with a new goose feather dipped in diluted brandy (marc) at least three times a week. Even in France it's expensive.
It stinks to high heaven (like seriously) but it is divine. In France, it is known as "les pieds de Dieux" (God's feet).
Paired with a Sauterne, it's beyond description.

Other favourites, and pairings, are:

Stilton paired with water crackers, dates, nuts, pear slices and a nice port (the Sainsbury Christmas one is awesome)
A super-sharp, crumbly with tiny crystals, welsh miner's cheddar with a cranberry mango chutney on thin rye crisps. (The black bomber is nice too)
A lovely, hand-made artisanal goat cheese from the Lyon region, hard on the outside, sharp and creamy inside, with or without ash, with baguette
Roquefort (le roi des fromages et le fromage des rois) served on buttered French bread with a Côtes du Rhones
A brie from Normandy with fine baguette and a lovely Bordeaux
A nice Manchego served on a 'Tortas de Aceite' Crisps by Ines Rosales

I could go on ... Drooling

Your faith is not evidence, your opinion is not fact, and your bias is not wisdom
[+] 3 users Like Reducetarian's post
22-08-2017, 08:21 AM
I love cheese, from a mature cheddar to a runny brie. My favorite is Pyrenees Brebis which I really got into when I was in the Basque region of France. It's made from sheep milk and is perfect with a glass of red wine. I also like Gouda, and Cashel Blue, a nice Irish blue cheese.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 2 users Like Marozz's post
22-08-2017, 08:33 AM
Ugh I'm so hungry now...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
22-08-2017, 08:53 AM
The greasy cheese I mentioned (hoop cheese) is often found in the local convenience store/gas stations too. But I can't believe I failed to mention my truly favorite when it comes to cheese. CHEESECAKE!

[Image: 4fe2f6f2a136ae2c7c4e5b1a085b3570.jpg]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
23-08-2017, 01:12 AM
My go-to-first choice...

[Image: 1384129984110.jpg]

Must be served at room temperature, and with unseasoned water crackers.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
23-08-2017, 03:32 AM
I'm not really big into cheese, however, Camembert = YES

The best way to eat, get a large crusty loaf of bread (Tiger bread works best), cut a whole in the middle and place the cheese. Cut crisscrosses into the rest of the bread, then bake in an over until the cheese melts....then remove, and use the cut up bread for dipping in the cheese. YUM.

My mum works in a cheese factory, (in the office), but often gets large blocks of cheese to take home haha.

When life gives you lemons, just remember you are an....
(18-09-2017 09:47 AM)vahaaao Wrote:  Irresponsible bachelor daddy
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post