Chelsea Manning suicide fast

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-09-2016, 04:16 AM
Chelsea Manning suicide fast
I really could not believe that someone received 35 years for this. http://www.theatlantic.com/news/archive/...ily-090916

It's worse than the Gulag system.

Appalling. In other countries that would be called "disproportionate". "Cruel and unusual" is better because it sums up a punishment which is worse than execution. This woman is being tortured for 35 years for having disclosed the truth.

Shame, shame, shame are the only words that come to mind when I read things about this happening in the US. What national security are they talking about? The one they have f.cked to oblivion with misguided foreign policy decisions which will put American other lives at risk from now until eternity?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deltabravo's post
11-09-2016, 04:18 AM
RE: Chelsea Manning suicide fast
For her sake, I hope she succeeds.
11-09-2016, 02:10 PM
What exactly is she protesting? What is she demanding? Sounds like she is still getting her estrogen for her HRT conversion. The food strike will only hasten her transformation. Is she protesting that the guards don't treat her with the respect due a transgender federal prisoner? Does she think she they deserve more respect than a typical non-transgender federal prisoner? Is she asking that her hair can't be cut short enough to prevent her from strangling herself enough so she can't strangle herself with it or spread lice among genpop? Only reason I could see her complaining is she's not seeing a shrink to help her with the psychological implications of becoming transgender. But I would wager she is getting access to a shrink regularly. From that statement I have no idea what she's looking for other than having to cut her hair to prison hygenic standards. If I were warden or prison board member I wouldn't know what to make of her demands other than apparently she doesn't want to cut her hair and feels the guards are making fun of her.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
11-09-2016, 02:40 PM
Oh well.
11-09-2016, 04:43 PM
I had no idea Chelsea Manning was arrested for violating the Espionage Act. I thought the only controversy surrounding her was the whole trans thing.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-09-2016, 04:52 PM
(11-09-2016 04:43 PM)cactus Wrote:  I had no idea Chelsea Manning was arrested for violating the Espionage Act. I thought the only controversy surrounding her was the whole trans thing.

You're kidding, right?
[+] 1 user Likes Lucipurr's post
11-09-2016, 05:06 PM
^Nope. It totally flew over my radar. lol

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
11-09-2016, 05:42 PM
I must admit that I'd not heard of Bradley/Chelsea Manning or his/her case before.

What exactly is prompting this hunger strike? Is 35 years considered excessive for violating the US espionage act? Sounds reasonable to me (at the shallow depth of my knowledge about this case).

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-09-2016, 07:35 PM
(11-09-2016 05:42 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I must admit that I'd not heard of Bradley/Chelsea Manning or his/her case before.

What exactly is prompting this hunger strike? Is 35 years considered excessive for violating the US espionage act? Sounds reasonable to me (at the shallow depth of my knowledge about this case).

Apparently she gets "tortured" in prison. Solitary confinement and frequent cell searches. Chelsea got off lightly with her sentence in my opinion.
11-09-2016, 07:35 PM
(11-09-2016 05:06 PM)cactus Wrote:  ^Nope. It totally flew over my radar. lol

Wow, that's bad.

Pay attention! Tongue