• 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-09-2016, 08:03 PM
RE: Chelsea Manning suicide fast
(11-09-2016 07:35 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 05:06 PM)cactus Wrote:  ^Nope. It totally flew over my radar. lol

Wow, that's bad.

Pay attention! Tongue

He's in OZ, so should get some slack.

Who is to say that we are hearing the whole story, in the published complaints?

I've considered posting a response several times, since I expect that some people will take exception to my views, but have refrained. I recall that, as "Bradley", thousands of documents were released to wikileaks. Having served in the military, I know that one simple leak can condemn many of our personnel to death. Looking at the CFR, one count of release of even confidential information is punishable by ten years in prison. By rights, Bradley/Chelsea should be incarcerated until the second+ coming of the alleged Christ. Release of informant's names and battle plans set the conflict back quite a bit, and quite likely contributed to the formation of ISIL, because they had access to all that information and were able to anticipate our actions, based on knowledge of how we operate, militarily.

I have NO sympathy for persons who commit treason. At ALL. Angry
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
11-09-2016, 08:50 PM
No comment on the nature of this case in particular. In regards to the segregation issue, most facilities don't really have any other option for transgender inmates. It would be an act of negligence for us to place them into general population, knowing full well that neither the male inmates nor the female inmates will accept them. No doubt, it sucks, but it isn't done just for the sake of torturing transgendered people.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
11-09-2016, 09:07 PM
(11-09-2016 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  No comment on the nature of this case in particular. In regards to the segregation issue, most facilities don't really have any other option for transgender inmates. It would be an act of negligence for us to place them into general population, knowing full well that neither the male inmates nor the female inmates will accept them. No doubt, it sucks, but it isn't done just for the sake of torturing transgendered people.

A lot of people are placed in administrative segregation. This person fits two of the categories- transgender, and conviction for treason. Either gets you hurt in the general population, from what I hear.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
11-09-2016, 09:23 PM
(11-09-2016 09:07 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 08:50 PM)yakherder Wrote:  No comment on the nature of this case in particular. In regards to the segregation issue, most facilities don't really have any other option for transgender inmates. It would be an act of negligence for us to place them into general population, knowing full well that neither the male inmates nor the female inmates will accept them. No doubt, it sucks, but it isn't done just for the sake of torturing transgendered people.

A lot of people are placed in administrative segregation. This person fits two of the categories- transgender, and conviction for treason. Either gets you hurt in the general population, from what I hear.

We had one who was there, for lack of a better description, for being a woman beater, and who identified as a woman. Given that the male inmates don't exactly approve of that kind of thing, and about 90% of our female inmates just so happen to be rape/battery victims who see jail as the one place they can avoid that kind of shit in their screwed up lives while they take some much needed time to get their heads together, get clean, get into some classes, etc., it wouldn't exactly be fair for us to take an anatomically male inmate who identifies as a female, and who has a history of beating women, and throw her into the female unit. It's gotta be permanent administrative seg. No other option.

'Murican Canadian
12-09-2016, 12:02 AM
(11-09-2016 08:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 07:35 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  Wow, that's bad.

Pay attention! Tongue

He's in OZ, so should get some slack.

Who is to say that we are hearing the whole story, in the published complaints?

I've considered posting a response several times, since I expect that some people will take exception to my views, but have refrained. I recall that, as "Bradley", thousands of documents were released to wikileaks. Having served in the military, I know that one simple leak can condemn many of our personnel to death. Looking at the CFR, one count of release of even confidential information is punishable by ten years in prison. By rights, Bradley/Chelsea should be incarcerated until the second+ coming of the alleged Christ. Release of informant's names and battle plans set the conflict back quite a bit, and quite likely contributed to the formation of ISIL, because they had access to all that information and were able to anticipate our actions, based on knowledge of how we operate, militarily.

I have NO sympathy for persons who commit treason. At ALL. Angry

I'm in Scotland.

And I agree with you.
12-09-2016, 02:04 AM
Chelsea Elizabeth Manning[4] (born Bradley Edward Manning, December 17, 1987) is a United States Army soldier who was convicted by court-martial in July 2013 of violations of the Espionage Act and other offenses, after disclosing to WikiLeaks nearly three-quarters of a million classified or unclassified but sensitive military and diplomatic documents.[5] Manning was sentenced in August 2013 to 35 years imprisonment, with the possibility of parole in the eighth year, and to be dishonorably discharged from the Army.[2] Manning is a trans woman who, in a statement the day after sentencing, said she had felt female since childhood, wanted to be known as Chelsea,[6] and desired to begin hormone replacement therapy.[7] From early life and through much of her Army life, Manning was known as Bradley; she was diagnosed with gender identity disorder while in the Army.[8]

Assigned in 2009 to an Army unit in Iraq as an intelligence analyst, Manning had access to classified databases. In early 2010, she leaked classified information to WikiLeaks and confided this to Adrian Lamo, an online acquaintance. Lamo informed Army Counterintelligence, and Manning was arrested in May that same year. The material included videos of the July 12, 2007 Baghdad airstrike, and the 2009 Granai airstrike in Afghanistan; 251,287 U.S. diplomatic cables;[9] and 482,832 Army reports that came to be known as the Iraq War Logs[10] and Afghan War Diary.[11] Much of the material was published by WikiLeaks or its media partners between April and November 2010.[12]

Where he/she went wrong is that he/she should have just used a photocopier, taken copies of classified government contract bids and sold the bids to a company wanting to get an advantage in the tendering process. That way, this sort of thing is kept inside and everyone is happy and she/he'd be rich, living in a nice house with a holiday home, big car, foreign holidays and money to get a business going for retirment in some foreign tax haven with no extradition treaty. Instead, he/she let her morals and integrity get in the way of a very lucrative career.
12-09-2016, 02:09 AM
(11-09-2016 09:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  it wouldn't exactly be fair for us to take an anatomically male inmate who identifies as a female, and who has a history of beating women, and throw her into the female unit. It's gotta be permanent administrative seg. No other option.

Chelsea Manning has a history of beating women? Where did you hear that from?
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
12-09-2016, 04:32 AM
(12-09-2016 02:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(11-09-2016 09:23 PM)yakherder Wrote:  it wouldn't exactly be fair for us to take an anatomically male inmate who identifies as a female, and who has a history of beating women, and throw her into the female unit. It's gotta be permanent administrative seg. No other option.

Chelsea Manning has a history of beating women? Where did you hear that from?

I never stated or implied that. I was speaking initially of some of the issues surrounding the incarceration of transgender people and mentioned a specific case we had to deal with at the detention centre where I work.

'Murican Canadian
12-09-2016, 09:39 AM
(12-09-2016 12:02 AM)Lucipurr Wrote:  I'm in Scotland.

oops! Blush That's about as far from Oz as one can get!
12-09-2016, 09:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-09-2016 10:06 AM by kim.)
(12-09-2016 04:32 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(12-09-2016 02:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Chelsea Manning has a history of beating women? Where did you hear that from?

I never stated or implied that. I was speaking initially of some of the issues surrounding the incarceration of transgender people and mentioned a specific case we had to deal with at the detention centre where I work.

I was confused, too.
Also, I think Manning has had sexual reassignment surgery and is no longer a male... I THINK ... not certain of that. I could run up the road and find out - her prison is only about 70 miles from me. Shy

***update***
Oops - just checked - she hasn't had surgery, yet - she's still in the hormone zone. Lots of depression at that stage, from what a friend (who's been there) has told me.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein