Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.
Hi guys.

As you may have seen, I've been going through some chemical imbalances. Here I am within it, trying to play drums. You'll note I am quite weak. Very down emotionally.

For muso's, it's like a mini drum track in 8 bar groups with an 8 bar drum solo. Just a vamp.

To give you an idea, I tracked the following day for 12 hours. Was later told there's not one usable track. Sad

The producer was very kind about it. He told me he could see it in my face as I tried. And failed.

Let me know what you think.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 11 users Like Banjo's post
01-02-2017, 04:39 PM
RE: Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.
I love you. Still think you're an amazing drummer.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-02-2017, 04:41 PM
Technique looks pretty good, maybe a bit rusty (have you been away from the kit for a while?). Tempo is even and clean. I'm a bit puzzled why you used the ride rather than the crash for the end of the phrase but perhaps that's a stylistic choice that you prefer.

Have you tried mixing up your technique? Trying traditional grip rather than match grip to just change things up a bit?
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
01-02-2017, 04:54 PM
I enjoyed it Smile

I thought it was very good but I'm not a producer or anything. I'm also not musically talented, Wink so I can only offer you my ear and tell you I liked it.

If you feel there are areas you can improve, maybe give yourself a break today and get at it again in the morning?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-02-2017, 05:00 PM
(01-02-2017 04:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I love you. Still think you're an amazing drummer.

Thanks Mom. Perhaps one day feeling will return to hands and feet. That'd help. Smile

(01-02-2017 04:41 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Technique looks pretty good, maybe a bit rusty (have you been away from the kit for a while?). Tempo is even and clean. I'm a bit puzzled why you used the ride rather than the crash for the end of the phrase but perhaps that's a stylistic choice that you prefer.

Have you tried mixing up your technique? Trying traditional grip rather than match grip to just change things up a bit?

Mate I had no idea what I was doing. The guys gets out the camera and says "Go".

As for technique I play open handed, trad, Virgil Donati taught me. But I am extremely weak physically and mentally unbalanced.

I was away from the kit for 3 years fighting deadly cancer.

(01-02-2017 04:54 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I enjoyed it Smile

I thought it was very good but I'm not a producer or anything. I'm also not musically talented, Wink so I can only offer you my ear and tell you I liked it.

If you feel there are areas you can improve, maybe give yourself a break today and get at it again in the morning?

Thanks Jenny. Glad you liked it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-02-2017, 05:03 PM
(01-02-2017 04:41 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  Technique looks pretty good, maybe a bit rusty (have you been away from the kit for a while?). Tempo is even and clean. I'm a bit puzzled why you used the ride rather than the crash for the end of the phrase but perhaps that's a stylistic choice that you prefer.

Banjo has been playing his entire life. He's taught me half of what I know in the pass of a year.

Check out his student, Taso. This should give you an idea how respected he is as a teacher, or how respected he should be.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 5 users Like ELK12695's post
01-02-2017, 05:07 PM
Did you get that Los Angeles County Jail t-shirt from L.A.'s county lockup? Confused
Tongue
Sounded better than anything I could ever hope to produce. Thumbsup

Heart

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
01-02-2017, 05:12 PM
I'm not a drummer, but it sounds pretty good to me. Nice groove!
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-02-2017, 05:41 PM
It feels pretty good to me - I loved it! Shy

If it doesn't feel quite right now, perhaps it will take time to regain more strength and that bit of hunger or passion.

Strength both physical and emotional, isn't a switch that can just be flipped to the "on" position - it takes time to warm it all up.

Give yourself time. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-02-2017, 05:57 PM
(01-02-2017 05:07 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Did you get that Los Angeles County Jail t-shirt from L.A.'s county lockup? Confused
Tongue
Sounded better than anything I could ever hope to produce. Thumbsup

Heart

Brother brought it home from Hollywood. Apparently that T shirt passes for tourist gear. GaspWeepingFacepalm

(01-02-2017 05:12 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not a drummer, but it sounds pretty good to me. Nice groove!

Thank you. Smile

(01-02-2017 05:41 PM)kim Wrote:  It feels pretty good to me - I loved it! Shy

If it doesn't feel quite right now, perhaps it will take time to regain more strength and that bit of hunger or passion.

Strength both physical and emotional, isn't a switch that can just be flipped to the "on" position - it takes time to warm it all up.

Give yourself time. Heart

It's been a long few years. I should be glad I can walk and am alive, and one day play with the skill I once possessed. Smile

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post