Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-02-2017, 06:17 PM
RE: Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.
(01-02-2017 05:57 PM)Banjo Wrote:  It's been a long few years. I should be glad I can walk and am alive, and one day play with the skill I once possessed. Smile

I played starting in high school, back when dinosaurs ruled the earth, and got away from it for years after I hurt my back & shoulder.

Once I sat behind the kit again, it took me quite a while to get my muscle memory back, but once it did it felt great.

I have no doubt you'll be back to Peart-like rhythms in no time.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heath_Tierney's post
01-02-2017, 07:58 PM
(01-02-2017 06:17 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I have no doubt you'll be back to Peart-like rhythms in no time.

Thanks mate.

If ever I play like Peart, KMN. Big Grin

HATE that drummer. Apparently he is a nice guy though. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
01-02-2017, 08:12 PM
(01-02-2017 03:59 PM)Banjo Wrote:  Hi guys.

As you may have seen, I've been going through some chemical imbalances. Here I am within it, trying to play drums. You'll note I am quite weak. Very down emotionally.

For muso's, it's like a mini drum track in 8 bar groups with an 8 bar drum solo. Just a vamp.

To give you an idea, I tracked the following day for 12 hours. Was later told there's not one usable track. Sad

The producer was very kind about it. He told me he could see it in my face as I tried. And failed.

Let me know what you think.

Love it...glad to see/hear you playing again. And I love your shirt.

My first serious boyfriend played drums in various bands and in a duo around where we grew up. He also played drums in his HS marching band and went on to be on the drumline at Notre Dame during his college years. As I understand it, he still plays whenever he gets the chance. I have a real soft spot in my heart for drummers. Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-02-2017, 08:40 PM
(01-02-2017 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Love it...glad to see/hear you playing again. And I love your shirt.

My first serious boyfriend played drums in various bands and in a duo around where we grew up. He also played drums in his HS marching band and went on to be on the drumline at Notre Dame during his college years. As I understand it, he still plays whenever he gets the chance. I have a real soft spot in my heart for drummers. Heart

Groupie, eh? Consider

Drooling

Wink

Thanks Angele. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
01-02-2017, 08:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 08:56 PM by Anjele.)
(01-02-2017 08:40 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 08:12 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Love it...glad to see/hear you playing again. And I love your shirt.

Groupie, eh? Consider

Drooling

Wink

Thanks Angele. Smile

I was/am not coordinated enough to play drums though he tried to teach me. I did become a fairly decent roadie being able to set up and tear down his drum kit. Big Grin I was also handy to some of the bands he played with for sound checks.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
01-02-2017, 08:55 PM
(01-02-2017 08:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was also handy to some of the bands he played with for sound checks.

Perhaps it's better to keep those details to yourself..... Consider

Tongue

Banjo.
01-02-2017, 09:10 PM
(01-02-2017 08:55 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 08:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I was also handy to some of the bands he played with for sound checks.

Perhaps it's better to keep those details to yourself..... Consider

Tongue

[Image: zkh1lu.jpg]

In this band pic, the guy sitting down played drums and my boyfriend played guitar and sang. We called the long-hair guy 'Hippie'. At some redneck hangout gigs we actually tucked his hair up into a hat to avoid fights. Tongue

These were four really talented guys who each played several instruments...was a fun time.

Signs, Signs Lyrics

And the sign said long haired freaky people need not apply
So I tucked my hair up under my hat and I went in to ask him why
He said you look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do
So I took off my hat I said imagine that, huh, me working for you...

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
02-02-2017, 05:25 AM
(01-02-2017 07:58 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 06:17 PM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  I have no doubt you'll be back to Peart-like rhythms in no time.

Thanks mate.

If ever I play like Peart, KMN. Big Grin

HATE that drummer. Apparently he is a nice guy though. Smile

You don't hate him, you hate his overcompensating playing style that gives you headaches. Regardless of what Rush fans think, spamming 15 fills in the timespan of 2 minutes and a few odd time sections doesn't make you the most compotent drummer in history...

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
02-02-2017, 05:31 AM
(02-02-2017 05:25 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  You don't hate him, you hate his overcompensating playing style that gives you headaches. Regardless of what Rush fans think, spamming 15 fills in the timespan of 2 minutes and a few odd time sections doesn't make you the most compotent drummer in history...

You are correct. I've heard he's a nice man. Having zero feel and playing massive attention getting fills every 4 bars is just annoying. I know not one pro drummer who likes his style.

Having said that, I respect every pro muso. It's a tough business.

Banjo.
02-02-2017, 08:33 AM
Hmmm ... Consider how about an exploratory approach? Have you considered a bit more laid back musical genre... oh, say ... jazz?

Sure, jazz can get pretty hairy and downright psycho but, there's also an easy-going aspect that takes some getting into, to really master. Also, there's the spontaneous creativity that jazz offers - it really is music for the creative individual.

It could help you relax while you build up strength and just learning new things can help you find new avenues of emotional excitement.

And yes ... I shamelessly suggest this because I fucking love jazz. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post