Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-02-2017, 08:46 AM
RE: Chemo drummer solo #2. Just a groove with an 8 bar solo.
Played jazz many times. I was a full professional before my illness. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-02-2017, 08:58 AM
(02-02-2017 08:33 AM)kim Wrote:  Hmmm ... Consider how about an exploratory approach? Have you considered a bit more laid back musical genre... oh, say ... jazz?

Sure, jazz can get pretty hairy and downright psycho but, there's also an easy-going aspect that takes some getting into, to really master. Also, there's the spontaneous creativity that jazz offers - it really is music for the creative individual.

It could help you relax while you build up strength and just learning new things can help you find new avenues of emotional excitement.

And yes ... I shamelessly suggest this because I fucking love jazz. Drinking Beverage

Banjo has done Jazz a lot before. This is episode one of the solos.

The kind of stuff you see here takes years to understand, practice, clear up and finally perfect (although perfect is a word that will never be reached, which is why pro's never stop practicing).

Banjo is deep into chemotherapy here, and he's still a far better player than I am. Drumming is worked into his body; his body and mind is just having trouble connecting the dots.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
02-02-2017, 09:22 AM
I know this but, dialing back and relearning isn't the same as being the professional.

I'm talking about heading back to square one. Setting aside everything one knows and being the child taking baby steps.

Expectations are going to be the struggle ... these must be set aside. New life: no expectations.

Look at Django Reinhardt & Eric Clapton - it took them years to relearn and recreate their lives after seriously damaging accidents. Years.

Time is time. Take it for what it has to offer. Heart

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
02-02-2017, 09:39 AM
First of all, love your accent. Smile

And second, you sounded great! I have no basis of comparison, but that was damn fine. Keep up the good work!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
03-02-2017, 12:17 PM
(02-02-2017 09:22 AM)kim Wrote:  Look at Django Reinhardt & Eric Clapton - it took them years to relearn and recreate their lives after seriously damaging accidents. Years.

I know about Django Reinhardt, but I never heard about Clapton having any such issues (and I'm a big Clapton fan). Tell me more -- in a PM if necessary (I don't want to derail this thread).
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-02-2017, 03:44 PM
(03-02-2017 12:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 09:22 AM)kim Wrote:  Look at Django Reinhardt & Eric Clapton - it took them years to relearn and recreate their lives after seriously damaging accidents. Years.

I know about Django Reinhardt, but I never heard about Clapton having any such issues (and I'm a big Clapton fan). Tell me more -- in a PM if necessary (I don't want to derail this thread).

I guess Clapton's problems weren't really "accidental" rather, self inflicted. If you know what I mean.
His heroin addiction became so severe that he was forced to give up performing for quite a while in the early 70s.

As I recall, he passed out performing in Madison Square Garden in 1971. He wasn't seen after that for a couple of years. According to "legend" (which I rarely believe so, who knows?) he had been in a coma for four/five weeks(the accuracy of legend), which got him through withdrawal but he could barely speak when he came out of it. He was, as they say, back to square one.

He spent the next several months relearning to, among other things, play guitar. He has also said that after his heroin addiction, he pretty much started an alcohol addiction. That probably didn't do him much good.

I guess he has recently given interviews, talking about the nerve damage which he says is directly related to his addiction issues. I guess it's still wreaking havoc with his playing.

To me though, the coolest thing I know about Eric Clapton is... long before guitars, girls & drugs ... he studied art and was an apprentice to a stained glass maker. Shy

But yes - there are quite a few musicians and artists who have had their lives turned completely back to the begining, after traumatic, medical, life and death experiences.

It takes a freaking long time to heal after the shit Dale has been through, much less be back to where he "left off". Just seeing him alive, sitting in front of a drum kit ...
It could have turned out very differently.
Passion is like nature - it finds a way. It may not be the way it was before but, who says a different way isn't just as exciting and passionate? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post