Chemo drummer solo. Dedicated to my special friends.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2016, 12:29 AM (This post was last modified: 22-03-2016 10:31 AM by god has no twitter account.)
RE: Chemo drummer solo. Dedicated to my special friends.
I've lost enough friends to that evil disease. You aren't going anywhere. That's an order. Besides, I've got a funny feeling about you. I joined TTA in June 2015 when things weren't looking too good for you and, fuck me, here you still are playing away.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like god has no twitter account's post
22-03-2016, 02:39 AM
(21-03-2016 07:29 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  This was so awesome! ^__^ Loved getting to see you play and damn that kid can drum! Gasp You taught him well! Big Grin

Thanks very much EA.

Yeah he can play. That was nothing. I caught him by surprise. Big Grin

(21-03-2016 08:01 PM)Chas Wrote:  Geez, you actually know your way around a kit. Thumbsup

Thank you Chas.

That's about a 10th of where I was. But looking positively forward... Smile

(21-03-2016 08:20 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  I miss drumming. Watching & hearing you brought recent emotions toward you and memories of percussion past.

For that, Dale, I thank you. May your paradiddles sound forever and may your crash & ride fill more ears.

Cheers mate.

(21-03-2016 08:32 PM)skyking Wrote:  Dale, you are more alive than most out here in the world. Thank you for sharing, it was great. I really liked the self destruct special effect too. Smile

Yeah all that stuff was held on by one small clamp. It was bound to bow to gravity. Big Grin

Thanks. Smile

(21-03-2016 08:53 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  That was awesome Banjo. A lot of fun to watch. Thumbsup

Cheers mate. Thanks for watching! Smile

(22-03-2016 12:07 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Heart

Hug

Way to go mate!

Thumbsup

Thanks mate. If you look carefully you can see my walking stick! Big Grin

(22-03-2016 12:29 AM)god has no twitter account Wrote:  I've lost enough friends to that evil disease. You aren't going anywhere. That's an order. Besides, I've got a funny feeling about you. I joined TTA in June 2015 when things weren't looking to good for you and, fuck me, here you still are playing away.

Yes Sir!

Wink

Many thanks.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-03-2016, 02:46 AM
Cool stuff, Banjy. I especially liked the segment with timbales. While you were on your standard kit, the snare kept overdriving the microphone on the camera and that was washing out a lot of nuances, so far as I could tell. Your ride cymbal had the same effect. But with the timbs, I could hear your sticks too well. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
22-03-2016, 02:48 AM
(22-03-2016 02:46 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Cool stuff, Banjy. I especially liked the segment with timbales. While you were on your standard kit, the snare kept overdriving the microphone on the camera and that was washing out a lot of nuances, so far as I could tell. Your ride cymbal had the same effect. But with the timbs, I could hear your sticks too well. Smile

Yeah we need to use a better camera. Perhaps a Zoom?

Thanks for taking the time to watch it. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
22-03-2016, 10:28 AM
Thanks for the treat Banjo. All praise to the paradiddle, the greatest rudiment.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 1 user Likes The Organic Chemist's post
22-03-2016, 11:43 AM
This was great stuff. Both you and Taso have a great natural feel for rhythm. Whatever you do, the basic rhythm is flowing smoothly. I think that's the most important thing for a drummer -- to be able to do all the fancy stuff and still keep that basic rhythm.

This hits close to home, because my brother was a drummer, and he died of lung cancer just a year or two ago. He had to sell his drums to pay for his treatment, which was really sad. But then our niece arranged for him to have an hour or so at a local drum store, where he could play as much as he wanted on one of their drum sets. That meant a lot to him, and it even got written up in the local newspaper. I miss him.

I hope you stick around for a while, and I am looking forward to more videos.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
22-03-2016, 12:18 PM
As a fellow Aussie (and a cancer survivor myself) I'd like to commend you, and your protégé, on some bloody good stick work.

Hang in there Banjo, and keep it up mate. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
22-03-2016, 03:18 PM
(22-03-2016 10:28 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  Thanks for the treat Banjo. All praise to the paradiddle, the greatest rudiment.

Thanks OC. It means a lot that you took time to watch it. Smile

(22-03-2016 11:43 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  This was great stuff. Both you and Taso have a great natural feel for rhythm. Whatever you do, the basic rhythm is flowing smoothly. I think that's the most important thing for a drummer -- to be able to do all the fancy stuff and still keep that basic rhythm.

This hits close to home, because my brother was a drummer, and he died of lung cancer just a year or two ago. He had to sell his drums to pay for his treatment, which was really sad. But then our niece arranged for him to have an hour or so at a local drum store, where he could play as much as he wanted on one of their drum sets. That meant a lot to him, and it even got written up in the local newspaper. I miss him.

I hope you stick around for a while, and I am looking forward to more videos.

My most sincere condolences for the loss of your brother. Weeping

As I said earlier in this thread, cancer is like a war zone. People fall each day. Not only people but animals too. The sooner they can find an effective cure, the better. Mankind spends so much on weapons of destruction. If but a small part of that was used for self preservation.....

Humankind is not as intelligent as it believes it is.

Thanks for your kind words. And my best wishes to you and your niece. Smile

(22-03-2016 12:18 PM)SYZ Wrote:  As a fellow Aussie (and a cancer survivor myself) I'd like to commend you, and your protégé, on some bloody good stick work.

Hang in there Banjo, and keep it up mate. Smile

Hi mate.

Yet another cancer sufferer! Will it never end?

I am sorry to learn you had to go through this. I am lucky in that I was supposed to be dead back in November 14. I was too stubborn to let go.

And yes, I am very proud of young Taso who is just 15. Smile

Many thanks guys.

Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
22-03-2016, 04:55 PM
(22-03-2016 03:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was too stubborn to let go.

Stubborn can be good. Keep it up.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
22-03-2016, 05:39 PM
(22-03-2016 04:55 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(22-03-2016 03:18 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I was too stubborn to let go.

Stubborn can be good. Keep it up.

Will do! Thumbsup

Banjo.