Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2016, 04:53 AM
Chemtrails...omfg...why me?!
Since July i am working in a new department. One of my co-woikers is a very
nice
helpful
competent engineer.

But, hes a "chemtrail" wingnut. I never thought that someone otherwise so decent and clever would be so irrational. I guess its all about compartmentalisation again.

Jesus F. christ. What to do now? So far i kept quiet, but this conspiracy stuff is...annoying.

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
28-09-2016, 05:03 AM
RE: Chemtrails...omfg...why me?!
No advice I can offer.

Thought I had found a new friend some years ago - similar skill-set to mine, similar way of thinking about practical things . . .

Problem was he had this thing about the "energy of water". Not water wheels etc. Not the electrolysis separating oxygen from hydrogen for his silversmithing blow torch. This was something he could not explain himself but refused to give up.

His introduction of it at every opportunity got to me in the end.

At least I did not have to work with him - Good luck Deesse!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-09-2016, 05:21 AM
Socratic approach whenever he brings it up?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
28-09-2016, 05:22 AM
Chemtrails is a serious contender for stupidest, most outlandish, most ignorant conspiracy theories ever.

What would be the purpose?
What would be the mechanism?
How would the effects be controlled?
How many people would have to be involved?
What are these chemicals?
How could it be kept secret?
And so on. It is utterly outlandish.

Of course, that's what they want us to think, right? Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Chas's post
28-09-2016, 06:37 AM
Well, luckily hes not harassing me specifically with this. He happened to talk to someone else across the desk.

Something like Aluminium being added to jet fuel, and that "normal" contrails only last less than 1min, while "chemtrails" last longer.

Guess i have to research how long a contrail lasts (but i know that B17s left pretty fucking long trails over Germany way back then, and i hope he wont argue that chemtrailing was already in progress in the 40s Facepalm ).

And how much Aluminium need we to add to how much aircraft fuel to burn to cause measurable and effective concentratiions all across the atmosphere down to sea level where we breath? Sounds to me as outlandish as the big flood, concerning what a fucking huge volume (of air in this case) we are talking here. I bet the result would be millions of tons of Alu and similar amounts of fuel. Laugh out load

I keep you guys updated, but i am not going to force the conversations into this direction. I can work with him pretty smooth. If he however starts to talk to me....im not the kinda guy who can keep silent Laugh out load

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
28-09-2016, 06:43 AM
(28-09-2016 06:37 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Well, luckily hes not harassing me specifically with this. He happened to talk to someone else across the desk.

Something like Aluminium being added to jet fuel, and that "normal" contrails only last less than 1min, while "chemtrails" last longer.

Guess i have to research how long a contrail lasts (but i know that B17s left pretty fucking long trails over Germany way back then, and i hope he wont argue that chemtrailing was already in progress in the 40s Facepalm ).

And how much Aluminium need we to add to how much aircraft fuel to burn to cause measurable and effective concentratiions all across the atmosphere down to sea level where we breath? Sounds to me as outlandish as the big flood, concerning what a fucking huge volume (of air in this case) we are talking here. I bet the result would be millions of tons of Alu and similar amounts of fuel. Laugh out load

I keep you guys updated, but i am not going to force the conversations into this direction. I can work with him pretty smooth. If he however starts to talk to me....im not the kinda guy who can keep silent Laugh out load

'Normal' contrails persist as long as clouds in the same conditions.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-09-2016, 06:52 AM
Contrails do have an effect on the environment but . . .

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/space/contrail-effect.html

But it's a biproduct, not a conspiracy. Worry not about the water in the contrails, its the crap from the engines that bothers me!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
28-09-2016, 06:56 AM
Don’t bring it up, however if he does you can always have some fun with it.

[Image: jet_fuel.png]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 18 users Like Full Circle's post
28-09-2016, 07:01 AM
Perhaps make him take this test to see how he does? Angel

[Image: chemtrail-test_600px.jpg?w=620]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 7 users Like Full Circle's post
28-09-2016, 01:33 PM
(28-09-2016 07:01 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Perhaps make him take this test to see how he does? Angel

[Image: chemtrail-test_600px.jpg?w=620]

Angry
You tricked me!

I stood a good chance of getting that shit right, too. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post