Chess League.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Chess League.
Me and Erx have discussed playing Chess before but I was wondering if there are any other budding chess players out there that might be interested in a few games.

Theres a free site where we can play at http://www.chess.com and we can play either turn based or live games depending on how much time you have.

If theres any takers Ill make a proper thread with a league table in the gaming section of the forum.

If anybodys got any ideas/suggestions of how we could run/operate it then put them forward please Cool

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-07-2012, 07:08 AM
RE: Chess League.
(18-07-2012 06:42 AM)bemore Wrote:  Me and Erx have discussed playing Chess before but I was wondering if there are any other budding chess players out there that might be interested in a few games.

Theres a free site where we can play at http://www.chess.com and we can play either turn based or live games depending on how much time you have.

If theres any takers Ill make a proper thread with a league table in the gaming section of the forum.

If anybodys got any ideas/suggestions of how we could run/operate it then put them forward please Cool

Woudl this be open to new players? I would like to learn how to play but it'd be a total noob. Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
18-07-2012, 07:13 AM
I'll be up for it. I used to be quite the chess player back in the day.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
18-07-2012, 07:16 AM
I do like chess but, I've never played games on line... I usually stay far away from the game thread. Since I don't know how it works, will there be some link in the thread, or will there be an actual board inside the thread? How will it all work?

I is ignernt. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
18-07-2012, 07:23 AM
And, I can only play at home. It's blocked at work.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
18-07-2012, 10:04 AM
(18-07-2012 07:08 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Would this be open to new players? I would like to learn how to play but it'd be a total noob. Smile
If you register at the link I provided (its completely free) there are tutorials on how to play. There is a chat function when you play so I dont mind having a few games with you and explaining it.
(18-07-2012 07:13 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  I'll be up for it. I used to be quite the chess player back in the day.
Awesome Thumbsup

With regards to when you can play KC I think we can stay flexible and arrange mutual times between opponents.... if we struggle then we can play turn based games.

(18-07-2012 07:16 AM)kim Wrote:  I do like chess but, I've never played games on line... I usually stay far away from the game thread. Since I don't know how it works, will there be some link in the thread, or will there be an actual board inside the thread? How will it all work?

I is ignernt. Shy
Well what im thinking is the thread can be used as a way of communicating next games, results, league table etc etc and any other banter.

We will arrange games for people and they can sort out between themselves when would be a good time to play mutually. To play the games I was thinking of using this site...... http://www.chess.com .... where people can either play against each other "live" or if people havent got much time then they can play "turn based"

Turn based is where I can sign into a game on my own and make a move..... then whenever my opponent signs in to the chess site they make there move...... and so on and so forth Smile

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Yeah, count me in.

Although when I saw the thread title, I thought maybe it was meant to be about a nerdy version of the Justice League. Perhaps their dorky counter-parts in crime. This months issue of JLA: "Pawns at the Hands of the Villainous Chess League!"

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
18-07-2012, 10:32 AM
Awesome...... If everybody signs up to the chess site then you can have a look around it, maybe play a few games. The site is mega simple to use.

My username is BeChess80 if people wish to add me on there Big Grin

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
18-07-2012, 10:33 AM
(18-07-2012 07:16 AM)kim Wrote:  I do like chess but, I've never played games on line... I usually stay far away from the game thread. Since I don't know how it works, will there be some link in the thread, or will there be an actual board inside the thread? How will it all work?

I is ignernt. Shy
Come on, Kim. Climb off your Brachiosaurus and play some chess with us!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
18-07-2012, 10:36 AM
I'm in. I can be cannon fodder. Big Grin

I know how to play chess; that is, I know the rules and can make legal moves, but I'm not knowledgeable on chess strategy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post