Chess League.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Chess League.
Okay, so who's in for a TTA tourney?

If you're not already a member at chess.com, go register, then interested members post your user name here. The deadline to sign up for the first TTA tournament will be July 31. The first round of the tourney will begin August 1st. Once you've posted your username, expect an invite to the TTA tournament from either lol Magoo or myself.

To battle!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2013, 10:34 PM
Chess League.
Oh, and bye the bye,

My username is Erxomai65 cuz I'm 65 years old.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
15-07-2013, 11:57 PM
RE: Chess League.
Perfect_Nothing is the name.

Bring it. I will own your ass.

...okay..maybe. I used to be quite the Chess player. Myself and another gentleman were the best in our high school. We wound up calling a draw at 200 wins against one another each. That is how I supported by bad habits in school. Dozens of people would bet on us, and we would take part of the winnings. I made enough to keep gas in the tank, get some bud, and some skoal.

Since then I have mostly only played against computers, which I do okay on, but computers just don't play like people. I am extremely rusty. A noob just might beat me as a matter pf fact.

16-07-2013, 02:17 AM
Excellent - I shall sign up Smile

"Christianity is like a diet where you eat lots of chocolate cake all week, and then on Sunday you mentally scold yourself and "try again" only to repeat the cycle." - Buddy Christ
16-07-2013, 07:39 AM
I feel as if I sign up then it wont be fair on everyone else as their chances of winning would become zero. Consider

Though I haven't played in like almost a year, so I'm probably a little rusty.
Others might stand a chance now then, provide I don't get a few practice games in before the start...

Ok, sign me up. What do I get when I win?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
16-07-2013, 07:59 AM
Maybe I should sign up the Fritz chess AI with its generous database and opimised algorithms for multi core cpu achitecture. I have a nice beefy i7 but I could start a cluster server at Amazon and run it on that for 150/day.

Should Fritz challenge Muffdiver first?

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
16-07-2013, 08:02 AM
Chess League.
(16-07-2013 07:39 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I feel as if I sign up then it wont be fair on everyone else as their chances of winning would become zero. Consider

Though I haven't played in like almost a year, so I'm probably a little rusty.
Others might stand a chance now then, provide I don't get a few practice games in before the start...

Ok, sign me up. What do I get when I win?

You win a romantic getaway to Deep's house.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
16-07-2013, 08:04 AM
(16-07-2013 07:59 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Maybe I should sign up the Fritz chess AI with its generous database and opimised algorithms for multi core cpu achitecture. I have a nice beefy i7 but I could start a cluster server at Amazon and run it on that for 150/day.

Should Fritz challenge Muffdiver first?

Pass, where's the fun in playing an AI?
You can't trash talk an AI...

Quote:You win a romantic getaway to Deep's house.

Consider

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
16-07-2013, 08:17 AM
My name is Nivek9 on the website Smile
16-07-2013, 08:23 AM
One thing that must be noted is, in order to join a tournament you need to have played 5 or more rated games on the website. So new people joining will have to play a bit before the tournament can start. Online games can take a week or more so it is kinda awkward.