Chess

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-04-2011, 12:15 AM

Chess
Any folks here play chess? Your favourite Chess players from History?

I currently play at Chesscube.com sometimes, I am about 1900 rated and I admire Tal, Fischer and Kasparov
Quote this message in a reply
08-05-2011, 06:00 PM

RE: Chess
I love chess. I'm gonna try to get back into playing it over the summer. It got to hectic during the school year with marching band and academics. I don't know enough to have a favorite player, but I will probably do some research during the summer. I usually play on gameknot.com.
10-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I enjoy playing chess, I used to be very addicted to it. My highest approximate elo was a lowly 1750ish. I have played against masters but never beat one. Now I am very rusty and probably play around 1500 level if i'm lucky. I wasted a lot of time trying to master KQvKR. I also enjoyed memorizing KBNvK. One time i saw a 10 move checkmate in my head while driving my car thinking about a game i was playing, i almost wrecked my car it was crazy. I recall an actual white light like a lightbulb going off in my mind. Sadly that game ended in 4 more moves because the guy I was playing was terrible.

It's been a long time but if anyone would like to play a game sometime I would enjoy it. Feel free to send a private message, i'm usually at the computer. (preferably tuesdays when i can't play my favorite game at the moment Tongue )

even the smartest man in the world is an idiot
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-05-2011, 03:30 AM

Chess is my favorite game,i won chess title in school level compitation,i play chess in mobile,this is mind game and extra ordinary game,i am not bored play this game.vishvanath anand i my favorite chess player,chess rules are very easy,its very chip game,this game easy available in the market.
10-06-2011, 11:38 PM
I'm terrible in comparison to you guys, and I'm just starting to play online. I really need to be more patient, or play more blitz. Tongue

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
11-06-2011, 11:19 PM

I'm not that good, but I really enjoy a good chess match. So many possibilities!
18-06-2011, 10:32 PM
I play on a daliy basis here: Chess Online, anyone willing for a match?

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin
18-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I prefer the game of go. Though I have a severe Japan obsession =p. I don't generally have the time for competitive games currently.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
02-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Maumin, I used to play online there every now and then, but my internet browser would continually and frequently fail so I stopped..
What's your rating? Mines a pretty pitiful 1280 standard.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
09-07-2011, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2011 04:47 PM by Maumin.)
(02-07-2011 02:28 AM)daemonowner Wrote:  Maumin, I used to play online there every now and then, but my internet browser would continually and frequently fail so I stopped..
What's your rating? Mines a pretty pitiful 1280 standard.

1360 ATM, want to try a game?

EDIT: BTW, that page is very solid and stable, no issues with it so far (This is NOT advertisement Smile )

By the time you stop ready this, you'll realze what a waste of time it has been Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Thinking Atheists Chess Group Erxomai 53 1,673 20-01-2014 08:42 PM
Last Post: Krabman
  WHERE ARE ALL THE CHESS BITCHES Ferdinand 18 419 30-12-2013 11:38 AM
Last Post: Maumin
  The New Chess Chas 9 392 23-02-2013 02:09 PM
Last Post: ChuckTesta
  Open Chess earmuffs 4 321 01-02-2013 06:52 AM
Last Post: Vera