Chest Pain and Tingly Fingertips?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Chest Pain and Tingly Fingertips?
Hey you guys,
So last night as I was going to bed, I noticed the middle of my chest was hurting really bad when I breathed in and when I moved in certain ways. I sort of just chalked it up to maybe I had been laying weird playing on my phone for too long.
This morning the pain is still there, not quite as intense... it feels like a muscle pain almost in the center of my chest (maybe a little to the left). It doesn't hurt when I'm just sitting here (not moving) or breathing normally but if I take a deep breath in or expel all the air out of my lungs it hurts. The worst pain is when I move my shoulders towards each other in front of my chest.
Also when I woke up (and for the past half hour since waking) the tips of my fingers feel sort of tingly/numb.
I'm 25 years old and healthy (5'6, weigh 123 pounds) and can't imagine this being a heart problem but it sort of sounds like it, doesn't it?
Has anyone else experienced this?
I'll probably go to a walk-in clinic if it persists for the rest of my work day.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2013, 10:11 AM
RE: Chest Pain and Tingly Fingertips?
(11-12-2013 10:06 AM)QueenTit Wrote:  Hey you guys,
So last night as I was going to bed, I noticed the middle of my chest was hurting really bad when I breathed in and when I moved in certain ways. I sort of just chalked it up to maybe I had been laying weird playing on my phone for too long.
This morning the pain is still there, not quite as intense... it feels like a muscle pain almost in the center of my chest (maybe a little to the left). It doesn't hurt when I'm just sitting here (not moving) or breathing normally but if I take a deep breath in or expel all the air out of my lungs it hurts. The worst pain is when I move my shoulders towards each other in front of my chest.
Also when I woke up (and for the past half hour since waking) the tips of my fingers feel sort of tingly/numb.
I'm 25 years old and healthy (5'6, weigh 123 pounds) and can't imagine this being a heart problem but it sort of sounds like it, doesn't it?
I'll probably go to a walk-in clinic if it persists for the rest of my work day.

Two words should ALWAYS send you straight to the doctor:

""chest pain""

do not stop at Go - go directly to Dr. Shocking

"Presumably man with hair on fire can be used to cook eggs and bacon..."MorondogLaugh out load
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post
11-12-2013, 10:15 AM
could be any number of things.
-pinched nerve (from posture)
-anxiety (when I get stressed out there is one particular muscle under my shoulder blade that goes into cramp mode)
- cardiac
-strained chest muscle-

has everything else been normal? I would get it checked just because if its worst case scenario (cardiac issue) that's a pretty serious one and not one to fool around with and worth a co-pay.

“Happiness is not the absence of problems; it's the ability to deal with them.”
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
11-12-2013, 10:38 AM
1. Go to the doctor to have it checked.
2. If it checks out and they find no heart or vital organ issues but it still happens, check with a good chiropractor.

Bows is right - could be anything - even something important. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
11-12-2013, 10:39 AM
I am a recipient of arterial stents. I am also in pretty good shape for the age I am.

Suggestion: do not mess with chest pain. No one on this site is as qualified as your doc to diagnose and treat (as necessary) this kind of pain.

Age has little to do with it; autopsies have discovered arterial/heart disease in humans as young as four.

Go see the doc (BTW: "chest pains" will get you an almost immediate appointment) get checked out.....then let us know the results.

Good luck!

"People don't go to heaven when they die; they're taken to a special room and burned!" Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like RaisdCath's post
11-12-2013, 10:58 AM
ok--thanks everyone, I will go to the doc!
[+] 1 user Likes QueenTit's post
11-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Doc says it's just something called costochondritis. Not serious--basically just an inflammation in the cartilage around the chest. Smile Thanks for your concern!
[+] 11 users Like QueenTit's post
11-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Glad it's nothing serious. 25 is very young to have a heart problem, but I've embalmed healthy 25 year olds before. Better safe than sorry when it comes to potentially serious problems.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who has said it- not even if I have said it- unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense. - Buddha
11-12-2013, 08:44 PM
(11-12-2013 06:52 PM)Ohio Sky Wrote:  Glad it's nothing serious. 25 is very young to have a heart problem, but I've embalmed healthy 25 year olds before. Better safe than sorry when it comes to potentially serious problems.

YOU'RE AN EMBALMER!?!? COOL!
11-12-2013, 09:05 PM
(11-12-2013 10:06 AM)QueenTit Wrote:  Hey you guys,

But, "tingly"/cold fingers are classic "anxiety attack" symptoms. It may be a more complex picture than just costrochondritis.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist
The noblest of the dogs is the hot dog. It feeds the hand that bites it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The most amount of pain you have felt. bemore 141 3,168 19-03-2014 10:46 AM
Last Post: itsnotmeitsyou
  Chronic pain cbb2274 12 857 04-05-2013 06:28 PM
Last Post: cbb2274
  Skin peeling off of the fingertips (NSFW) Vosur 50 3,304 11-09-2012 07:56 AM
Last Post: Vosur