Chicago Justice drops the ball

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2017, 02:05 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2017 02:26 AM by Robvalue.)
Chicago Justice drops the ball
I'm a huge fan of the "Chicago" universe (Fire, P.D. and Med) and I'd highly recommend all of them. The depth of the characters, the richness of the world, the seemless continuity between them and the amazing writing all make for captivating viewing.

But... the new one, Chicago Justice? I don't think any of the previous three have ever fielded a weak episode. But I found both of the opening two of this to be sub-par. The main lawyer dude isn't particularly interesting, neither are the other new characters they have inserted. Sure, maybe they will develop over time. But every other character in the universe has been hard-hitting from the start. This feels like a phone-in.

To be fair, I'm comparing it to the incredibly high bar set by the other shows. It's probably an alright show taken out of context. But I find the courtroom shenanigans to be unoriginal, the writing to be pretty cheesy and... it just doesn't fit well.

They especially disappointed me with the "Muslim" episode. Unless they were deliberately trying to aim this at people they knew were extremely ignorant about Islam, then they simply had not done their homework. The whole thing was fueled by popular misconceptions and not facts. They perpetuated the ludicrous idea that Islam is a "religion of peace", even trying to suggest that the Quran supports this. If they did know they were sending out a bogus episode to an uneducated audience, why bother covering the subject at all?

Any other fans here? What did you think?

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply