Chick Fil A Scholarship dilemma

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2012, 08:46 AM
RE: Chick Fil A Scholarship dilemma
(03-08-2012 08:26 AM)Thomas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 08:02 AM)Chas Wrote:  Well, CFA is in the news, so burning one of those would get wider coverage in the media.Yes

Did you happen to notice the reaction by the christian right "CFA Day". Corporate record sales. There are ways to get to the goal line without killing yourself doing it. Violence hurts any cause. The left now looks like the "hate group". A "non-reaction" to the CFA prez comments would have been better than what you have now.
If you're an Obama supporter you just hurt his re-election chances by reminding the religious right why they must get out and vote. Christianity under attack...
The republican strategists are doing nothing more than sitting back and watching the left shoot thenselves in the foot every week.
"If you own a business you didn't build that", wow. How stupid can you be.
Billy Clinton is laughing his ass off right now. When are the adults going to take back the democratic party? Answer: 2014.

I was trying to be amusing, but you make a good point.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
03-08-2012, 10:54 AM
(02-08-2012 04:56 PM)publius2k4 Wrote:  I just feel that they need to re-examine their stance on this issue, and perhaps take a more compassionate, understanding, and non-judgmental position.

Publius, I give you some kudos for starting to wake up, but you can't be serious in looking for them to re-examine their stance on this issue. These are believers of the highest order. They didn't examine the issue in the first place, just looked in "the good book" for god's direction on the issue and now mindlessly follow it. They're not going to re-examine anything.

On the substance of your question, just give the money back with a note explaining your decision. The way large company accounting works you can be sure the funds will go back into their scholarship pool and given to another scholarship candidate.
Find all posts by this user
03-08-2012, 06:41 PM
Press charges against the motha fuckas. ;D

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
04-08-2012, 08:38 AM
(03-08-2012 07:38 AM)Thomas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 02:40 AM)Science Believer Wrote:  You could give me the $1000 and I'll burn down a CFA for you.

Why don't you start burning christians (at the stake).
Are they not the root cause of the problem? ...or how about churches?

I'm not going to burn people. That's murder. As for burning the churches... if I burn them down, I won't have anywhere to piss when I leave the bar.

[Image: 553193_635722216633_1026343474_n.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like Science Believer's post
04-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Ya know..

If you really wanted to stick it up them for their anti-gay-ness as well as use the $1000 for something good.
You could always donate that $1000 to a gay, poor, university student trying to get his degree....
It just so happens I know someone that fits that bill perfectly.. Big Grin

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Chick Fil A Scholarship dilemma
(04-08-2012 08:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know..

If you really wanted to stick it up them for their anti-gay-ness as well as use the $1000 for something good.
You could always donate that $1000 to a gay, poor, university student trying to get his degree....

Sadly, all scholarships come with conditions. This one cannot be awarded to people who ask for it. Tongue

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
04-08-2012, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 10:22 PM by Thomas.)
(03-08-2012 08:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 08:26 AM)Thomas Wrote:  Did you happen to notice the reaction by the christian right "CFA Day". Corporate record sales. There are ways to get to the goal line without killing yourself doing it. Violence hurts any cause. The left now looks like the "hate group". A "non-reaction" to the CFA prez comments would have been better than what you have now.
If you're an Obama supporter you just hurt his re-election chances by reminding the religious right why they must get out and vote. Christianity under attack...
The republican strategists are doing nothing more than sitting back and watching the left shoot thenselves in the foot every week.
"If you own a business you didn't build that", wow. How stupid can you be.
Billy Clinton is laughing his ass off right now. When are the adults going to take back the democratic party? Answer: 2014.

I was trying to be amusing, but you make a good point.

Chas, Sorry if it sounded like an attack on you. That was not my intent. I did get your sarcasm. Laughat

I'm 100% for gay marriage, but this CFA thing really pisses me off. I work around many ultra-leftists who see themselves as the political center. They group together and bounce far left ideas off each other to the point that they think they are the majority opinion. When you live in reality you know that at least half of the public is strongly anti-gay marriage, while a small percentage is strongly pro. About 30% are ok with it, but are not going to be activists for it. So it's a 2 to 5 fight if you count the give-a-damn people. This is not a public opinion fight. The pro-gay marriage side just got crushed.
The way to make it happen is in the supreme court. The Constitution clearly allows gay marriage under the bill of rights and equal protection clause, and makes all the state constitutions changes defining marriage as one man-one woman (37 of them) unconstitutional. This is a legal fight, not an Occupy CFA.

BTW, I'm also pro polygamy. You have to be if you're for same sex marriage.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
05-08-2012, 05:29 AM
(04-08-2012 08:38 AM)Science Believer Wrote:  
(03-08-2012 07:38 AM)Thomas Wrote:  Why don't you start burning christians (at the stake).
Are they not the root cause of the problem? ...or how about churches?

I'm not going to burn people. That's murder. As for burning the churches... if I burn them down, I won't have anywhere to piss when I leave the bar.

Nonesense! It would be a great last piss, putting the fire out. Then you could piss on the old shell that was once the church.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
05-08-2012, 07:26 AM
(04-08-2012 02:58 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(04-08-2012 08:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ya know..

Sadly, all scholarships come with conditions. This one cannot be awarded to people who ask for it. Tongue
sadface.jpeg

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]