Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-07-2012, 11:02 AM
Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"
Mr. Cathy, (CEO of Chick-fil-A, .... "blech") says he thinks marriage should be restricted to "biblical marriage".
So then, I get a wife, my wife's slave, my slave, and any wives my brothers happen to leave behind. Yes indeedy, Mr. Cathy. By all means, let's have biblical marriage.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
20-07-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"
He's entitled to his opinion.

Not sure how it's relevant to chicken.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-07-2012, 11:31 AM
(20-07-2012 11:27 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's entitled to his opinion.

More relevant to chicken shit.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
20-07-2012, 11:36 AM
(20-07-2012 11:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  

More relevant to chicken shit.

I don't agree with his opinion (obviously), but he's entitled to it.

His opinion also doesn't affect the taste of my chicken sandwich.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
20-07-2012, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 06:30 PM by Bucky Ball.)

No one would be listening if he were not CEO of the chicken outfit. That is the ONLY reason, anyone is listening. He's using it. Ain't "all about me", and he doesn't know what he's talking about.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/b...story.html

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein Certified Ancient Astronaut Theorist and Levitating yogi, CAAT-LY.
Yeah, for verily I say unto thee, and this we know : Jebus no likey that which doth tickle thee unto thy nether regions.

20-07-2012, 11:47 AM
I like fried chicken.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-07-2012, 03:01 PM
It is a sad, sad day when an elected official can openly and notoriously seek to prevent an honest, tax paying citizen from furthering his pursuit of liberty and open an honest business for the sole reason of expressing an opinion said elected official disagree with. It is even more embarrassing when you factor in that Boston was where the American revolution kicked off.

For 10 years the United States has been exporting our concepts of "democracy" and "liberty" to other countries at the point of a gun, and we can't even honor those concepts here at home. Disgusting.

I disagree with Mr. Cathy's view on marriage and having that contrary opinion and expressing it is my right, as it is his right to have and express his own opinion. It is also my right, as a consumer, to decide whether or not I will patronize his business. I'm an adult and can make that decision all on my own and I resent the idea of some elected putz seeking to make that decision on my behalf, of deciding which opinions are acceptable, and what businesses can operate where based not on their legality or value but because of the personal views of the owners (who, btw, are not actually discriminating against anyone).

Fuck Mayor Thomas Menino and the fascist horse he rode in on. In fact, tomorrow I'm taking the kids out for lunch at Chick-fil-A.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 3 users Like BnW's post
20-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Chick-fil-A is just fucking evil. Motherfuckers are going after some poor ass fucker trying to sell T-Shirts that say "Eat More Kale". They've already sent cease-and-desist letters to some 30 others for using the phrase "Eat More ____". Fucker ain't taking it lying down, though. Good for him. I'm gonna start selling T-shirts saying "Eat More Pussy" and "Eat More Cock" and see if they come after me. That might be fun (they might even have a legitimate case against the "Eat More Cock" but I doubt they have the fucking balls to pursue it). Eat More Cock, you evil motherfucking corporate asshole Christian hypocrites.

And the rest of you "Eat More Kale". Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
22-07-2012, 03:48 AM
Honestly, Cathy can go suck a nut. (He probably does in a back alley somewhere anyway.) I just feel bad for the franchise guys, especially those that don't agree with him. He comes out as a spokesman for the company and says that, then the franchise owner/operators on the city level get boycotted by angry pro-equal marriage rights people while that particular franchise person is openly pro-marriage equality.

Yes, he's welcome to his opinion, even if I think he's an idiot who needs to look at the actual history of marriage again to realize how much it HAS been changed (women aren't property, interracial marriages are legal, etc.), but he shouldn't open his mouth about it as a representative of his company when it's a franchise. That would be like Subway discriminating against fat people, and then one of the franchises either being fat him/herself, or being perfectly happy to serve a sub to a person no matter their weight. It's just plain irresponsible and it's good that the company spokesperson came out and said that the company values people no matter their creed, orientation, gender, etc.

Chick-fil-A is meh, I'll keep buying my own chicken and fixings and make my own sandwich that's made with love and fresh ingredients, thanks. c:

I doodle.
A lot.
My cheap commissions.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
[+] 1 user Likes Chaos' Requiem's post
22-07-2012, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 05:43 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-07-2012 03:48 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Honestly, Cathy can go suck a nut. (He probably does in a back alley somewhere anyway.)

Seems to be a recurrent theme with many activist homophobes. Turns out to be some sorta self-despisement more often than not.

(22-07-2012 03:48 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Yes, he's welcome to his opinion, even if I think he's an idiot who needs to look at the actual history of marriage again to realize how much it HAS been changed (women aren't property, interracial marriages are legal, etc.), but he shouldn't open his mouth about it as a representative of his company when it's a franchise.

Yup. That's just a fucking counterproductive marketing blunder. ... Stupid Christian.

(22-07-2012 03:48 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Chick-fil-A is meh, I'll keep buying my own chicken and fixings and make my own sandwich that's made with love and fresh ingredients, thanks. c:

Thanks. Now I know I ain't missing nothing.

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.