Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2012, 02:43 PM
RE: Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"
(20-07-2012 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Chick-fil-A is just fucking evil. Motherfuckers are going after some poor ass fucker trying to sell T-Shirts that say "Eat More Kale". They've already sent cease-and-desist letters to some 30 others for using the phrase "Eat More ____". Fucker ain't taking it lying down, though. Good for him. I'm gonna start selling T-shirts saying "Eat More Pussy" and "Eat More Cock" and see if they come after me. That might be fun (they might even have a legitimate case against the "Eat More Cock" but I doubt they have the fucking balls to pursue it). Eat More Cock, you evil motherfucking corporate asshole Christian hypocrites.

And the rest of you "Eat More Kale". Big Grin

Hah, I just bought an "eat more kale" T-shirt. Just for the heck of it, the guy may as well get some $ for his resistance fund, lol. We don't have any chick-a-fil or whatever it is here, but we certainly have kale.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2012, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 06:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
(22-07-2012 02:43 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 06:19 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Chick-fil-A is just fucking evil. Motherfuckers are going after some poor ass fucker trying to sell T-Shirts that say "Eat More Kale". They've already sent cease-and-desist letters to some 30 others for using the phrase "Eat More ____". Fucker ain't taking it lying down, though. Good for him. I'm gonna start selling T-shirts saying "Eat More Pussy" and "Eat More Cock" and see if they come after me. That might be fun (they might even have a legitimate case against the "Eat More Cock" but I doubt they have the fucking balls to pursue it). Eat More Cock, you evil motherfucking corporate asshole Christian hypocrites.

And the rest of you "Eat More Kale". Big Grin

Hah, I just bought an "eat more kale" T-shirt. Just for the heck of it, the guy may as well get some $ for his resistance fund, lol. We don't have any chick-a-fil or whatever it is here, but we certainly have kale.

This is a rational response Dom, we should discuss this further, ... Squirrel.

Breathing - it's more art than science.
23-07-2012, 11:45 AM
(22-07-2012 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-07-2012 03:48 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Honestly, Cathy can go suck a nut. (He probably does in a back alley somewhere anyway.)

Seems to be a recurrent theme with many activist homophobes. Turns out to be some sorta self-despisement more often than not.

Sad but true. And it's been proven time and again.

(22-07-2012 03:48 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Yes, he's welcome to his opinion, even if I think he's an idiot who needs to look at the actual history of marriage again to realize how much it HAS been changed (women aren't property, interracial marriages are legal, etc.), but he shouldn't open his mouth about it as a representative of his company when it's a franchise.
(22-07-2012 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yup. That's just a fucking counterproductive marketing blunder. ... Stupid Christian.

Never understood that, really. You would think people would actually read the book they profess to believe in. But then I'm sure a great deal of them either become agnostic/atheist, or make excuses (it was a different time.)

(22-07-2012 03:48 AM)Chaos Requiem Wrote:  Chick-fil-A is meh, I'll keep buying my own chicken and fixings and make my own sandwich that's made with love and fresh ingredients, thanks. c:
(22-07-2012 02:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thanks. Now I know I ain't missing nothing.
I've only been there once, but it just tastes to me like any other chicken sandwich from any other fast food place. Besides, I like knowing that me and my fiance are the only two who've touched the food after it left the store. We've worked in food service, we've seen people do stupid things. That and home cooked is always healthier and tastier. Big Grin

I doodle.
A lot.
My cheap commissions.
My humor can also be very perverse, so forgive me if I make sexy fart jokes. :'D
25-07-2012, 06:49 AM
My take on Chick-fil-A:

http://seanasbury.wordpress.com/2012/07/...is-sunday/

What I find surprising is the counter-backlash being taken on by Chick-fil-A supporters claiming that those that choose to no longer patronize the restaurant are "intolerant."

The logic escapes me - yes, as a private business, they have a right to do whatever they choose to do with the profits they earn; but as a consumer, I should have the same right to determine whether or not I want the money I provide them to be funneled to groups whose agenda I do no support. So by not patronizing Chick-fil-A, I'm "intolerant" of the corporation? Nonsense!

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-07-2012, 05:35 AM
(20-07-2012 11:36 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(20-07-2012 11:31 AM)Chas Wrote:  More relevant to chicken shit.

I don't agree with his opinion (obviously), but he's entitled to it.

His opinion also doesn't affect the taste of my chicken sandwich.

It may not affect how the chicken tastes to you, but it likely will to many others.

Taste has been shown to be highly connected to psychological states and views of what the product consists of, and knowing the chicken one eats is coming from a company that will opening endorse and donate to limiting gay rights can lead to a less satisfying meal.

Oddly the Chick-fil-A that opened in my town recently, is in the same lot as a Lowes which I believe had an issue with some boycotting from gay marriage endorsers last year.

"Love is hot, Truth is molten!"
26-07-2012, 06:25 AM
(26-07-2012 05:35 AM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Oddly the Chick-fil-A that opened in my town recently, is in the same lot as a Lowes which I believe had an issue with some boycotting from gay marriage endorsers last year.

I think Lowes ran afoul on pulling their advertising from a Muslim reality show.

I don't watch reality TV, so I can't remember the name of the show...same principal though...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
26-07-2012, 06:11 PM
WTF. I had to look chick-fil-a up because it is everywhere lately and I had no clue what it is. I find out it's a fast food restaurant who uses their franchise for their belief system propaganda? The way I see head lines about it I though maybe it was a political party or something. Fuck, so annoying!
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
26-07-2012, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 07:16 PM by Jodienda76.)
Ok... For everybody screaming "they have a right to their opinion." They DONATE money to anti-gay and anti-same sex marriage organizations. That is not just a fucking opinion! That is action! So by as a business,.spewing this "OPINION" along with supporting organizations moniterally, they are promoting discrimination, bullying, and hate crimes to gays and more deaths!
26-07-2012, 07:41 PM
(26-07-2012 07:06 PM)Jodienda76 Wrote:  Ok... For everybody screaming "they have a right to their opinion." They DONATE money to anti-gay and anti-same sex marriage organizations. That is not just a fucking opinion! That is action! So by as a business,.spewing this "OPINION" along with supporting organizations moniterally, they are promoting discrimination, bullying, and hate crimes to gays and more deaths!

Jodienda - fortunately, they do have a right to their opinion and a right to take their profits and put them wherever they like. Thousands of businesses do this all the time.

We have a right to decide whether we wish to patronize an establishment that provides monies you help provide to groups we do not agree with. We can even stand outside and picket in protest.

This is the beauty of free speech. Once you put limits on it - either way - it opens the door for tyranny...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[+] 4 users Like Seasbury's post
26-07-2012, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 26-07-2012 07:56 PM by AViegarein.)
To add to the fun here's some DDOJ from facebook

[Image: USMCAssholescopy.jpg]

Seeing this kind of stuff on my facebook page makes me want to get rid of it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  TN - new twist on gay marriage Bows and Arrows 1 112 03-07-2014 04:29 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Ever diminishing biblical reliability - Camels in Genesis WeAreTheCosmos 7 290 12-02-2014 02:20 PM
Last Post: dustinzilbauer35
  Ban on gay marriage... Filox 13 538 07-12-2013 07:08 PM
Last Post: Buvey
  Push for gay marriage. Mr Woof 14 387 05-12-2013 07:57 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  "Gays finally admit to seeking to destroy the sanctity of marriage" Buddy Christ 3 575 29-04-2013 04:42 PM
Last Post: Question
Rainbow New Zealand legalizes gay marriage nach_in 39 1,051 25-04-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: nach_in
  So, I had a family member stand on a table in Chick-fil-A kingschosen 36 1,849 22-08-2012 09:36 AM
Last Post: Chas