Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-07-2012, 08:43 PM
RE: Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO-mspluk...edded#t=0s

In case you missed it, TheBeardedDude found this, for the other Chick-Fil-A thread.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2012, 12:23 PM
(26-07-2012 07:06 PM)Jodienda76 Wrote:  Ok... For everybody screaming "they have a right to their opinion." They DONATE money to anti-gay and anti-same sex marriage organizations. That is not just a fucking opinion! That is action! So by as a business,.spewing this "OPINION" along with supporting organizations moniterally, they are promoting discrimination, bullying, and hate crimes to gays and more deaths!

Nonsense. They are not promoting bulling and hate crimes (can't argue on the discrimination point). They are doing nothing of the sort. They are running a business and giving money to causes that are consistent with their Bronze-era based belief system, which is their right.

Just as it is your right not to ever give them a penny of your money. No one is suggesting that you have to eat there. My only issue is when the government gets in the business of saying who can run what business based on an opinion. That is not the governments place, period.

An infringement on the rights of anyone is a threat to the rights of everyone.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 2 users Like BnW's post
28-07-2012, 12:47 PM
I'm weary of the offense-of-the-week and don't spend any energy on this type of issue. If I was going to be offended by anything about this company it would be that they're not open on Sundays, but I still patronize their locations because I like the product.
28-07-2012, 10:29 PM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2012 10:44 PM by GirlyMan.)
(26-07-2012 07:49 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  To add to the fun here's some DDOJ from facebook

[Image: USMCAssholescopy.jpg]

Seeing this kind of stuff on my facebook page makes me want to get rid of it.

I got no problem with that poster. Difference between me and them is that one of us has spent decades considering and trying to understand and fully appreciate "This life is temporary. Life after death is eternal." and one of us is a fucking child who's never considered it at all.

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
28-07-2012, 11:19 PM
(28-07-2012 10:29 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(26-07-2012 07:49 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  To add to the fun here's some DDOJ from facebook
Seeing this kind of stuff on my facebook page makes me want to get rid of it.

I got no problem with this poster. Difference between me and them is that one of us has spent decades considering and trying to understand and fully appreciate "This life is temporary. Life after death is eternal." and one of us is a fucking child who's never considered it at all.

I might be reading into it too much, but to me they make it sound like you can't voice your religious (read Christian) convictions because it's not PC. It's like they play the persecuted card while persecuting someone else.

I could just be annoyed that this whole debacle is even considered news, what with all the other bs that's going on in the country and around the world. And it's not like we go around preventing all companies with higher ups who voice the crazy stuff like this from building. If we did, well, we'd have nowhere to go. If something about a business rubs you the wrong way, don't do business with them, that's what the muppets did. But for the government to prevent them from building just from what the loony CEO said is not right.

The opinion of the CEO is wrong, I just wish I had a Chick-fil-A to boycott in my neck of the woods.
29-07-2012, 03:32 AM
(28-07-2012 11:19 PM)AViegarein Wrote:  The opinion of the CEO is wrong, I just wish I had a Chick-fil-A to boycott in my neck of the woods.

We're all entitled to our opinions, but if I were a CEO of a giant franchise which closes its doors on Sunday to observe the Sabbath, my metaphysical delusions are already apparent, don't think I'd be looking to highlight them.

29-07-2012, 07:07 PM
I don't think they did. I thought this came up because they were giving an interview and someone asked the question, so they answered it. Similar to the hubbub with Kirk Cameron a few months ago when he gave his opinion on homosexuality. It was not like he called a press conference to give his views. He was doing an interview and someone asked. And, I'm failry confident that in both examples the person who asked the question had a pretty good idea what kind of response they were going to get. It's not like Cameron or the Chick-Fil-A guys make their religious views a secret.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
30-07-2012, 06:41 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2012 06:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
(29-07-2012 07:07 PM)BnW Wrote:  It's not like Cameron or the Chick-Fil-A guys make their religious views a secret.

Sure, but Kirk Cameron's not running a national franchise operation. No need to highlight your metaphysics when you're trying to appeal to a widespread audience which might not agree with yours. Does Chick-Fil-A think they can survive on Christian patronage alone? 'Cause that's what they fuckin' just signed up for. It's a serious fucking PR blunder. And their PR guy just up and fucking died instead of having to deal with the fallout. ... This job ain't worth it, I'm going to be with Jesus. I can't blame him.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2012, 06:44 PM
Why I think Chick-fil-A's public announcement is a Gamechanger

http://seanasbury.wordpress.com/2012/07/...eating-up/

Think we've reached the tipping point in the marriage equality debate...

"Like" my Facebook page
Brain Droppings Blog
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT16Rq3dAcHhqiAsPC5xUC...oR0pEpxQZw]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Seasbury's post
30-07-2012, 06:51 PM
(30-07-2012 06:44 PM)Seasbury Wrote:  Why I think Chick-fil-A's public announcement is a Gamechanger

http://seanasbury.wordpress.com/2012/07/...eating-up/

Think we've reached the tipping point in the marriage equality debate...

Yup, worst PR blunder ever.