Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2012, 07:01 PM
RE: Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage"
While I think Cathy had the absolute right to say what he said, there is no denying it was a stupid issue to steer his company into and he deserves all the flack he's getting for it. Last year he was asked about his anti-gay positions and he said something like "we are not anti-anybody, we are just trying to create raving fans" or something close to that. He really, really should have stuck to that script.

I saw Mike Huckabee and several others are calling the attacks on Cathy and Chick Fil A "hate speech". That's about as pathetic as what the mayor of Boston said (although he has backed off his position on blocking them from coming to Boston, something the political hacks in Chicago refuse to do).

The best part of free speech and the First Amendment is it cuts both way. You get to say what you want, and others get to respond and call for boycotts. I have no issue with private citizens calling for boycotts of this company. No issue at all. I just object to government telling him what he can and can't say. But, in all honesty, he was better off keeping his bigoted mouth shut.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes BnW's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Chick-fil-A, and "biblical marriage" - BnW - 30-07-2012 07:01 PM