Chicken or the Egg?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Chicken or the Egg?
In a meeting today at work, the CEO opened with asking which came first, the chicken or the egg. I was at the end of the table, so he asked for my response first, and I said something along the lines of "it's tough to say, since both are results of evolutions that occurred in order to assure the species' survival", to which pretty much everyone in the room (sans-CEO) laughed and one bitch even coughed out "bullshit", and then they all preceded to give their answers which were basically all CHICKEN CAME FIRST CUZ GAWD MADE IT THAT WAY.

The question itself was a segway into our CEO discussing how we can't make sales without delivering product, etc. etc., but it really pissed me off to get a response like that.

What would you guys have said? Is there a good solid response to this that can shut up the fine folk who spew out "GAWD DID IT"?

Also fuck Kansas.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Jasozz's post
14-04-2014, 11:19 AM
RE: Chicken or the Egg?
I dislike stupid, so I would have argued and argued and argued until the boss told me to shut up and apologized for bringing it up in the first place and suggested that we just move on.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
14-04-2014, 11:20 AM

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
14-04-2014, 11:22 AM
(14-04-2014 11:19 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I dislike stupid, so I would have argued and argued and argued until the boss told me to shut up and apologized for bringing it up in the first place and suggested that we just move on.

Send that video thru email to them. Tell them you are sending the simple version since it was obvious they didn't pay attention in science class.

[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
14-04-2014, 11:24 AM
The egg laid by something that wasn't a chicken.

Onward, my faithful steed!
[Image: ezgif-save_zps4d93a674.gif?t=1395781443]
[+] 7 users Like Crulax's post
14-04-2014, 11:27 AM
I would've asked "what's a chicken?" and internally gloat on the fact that I was being paid for having a senseless semantic discussion for hours Smile

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 4 users Like nach_in's post
14-04-2014, 11:29 AM
and get that resume updated....you need a job with less crazy people.

[+] 4 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
I can already see a mass-refutation of any kind of explanation to it, as they would just argue that GAWD MADE THE CHICKUNS and we can't possibly know about the proto-chickens for sure.

Good to know though, and to Muffs, yeah I wanted to tell the bitch who called bullshit that her explanation for a fully-evolved chicken to just poof into existence because an invisible senior-citizen in the sky wanted us to have KFC someday makes way more sense and argue til the cows come home, but head honcho pretty quickly shut the whole thing down and moved on.
[+] 3 users Like Jasozz's post
(14-04-2014 11:29 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  and get that resume updated....you need a job with less crazy people.

But I like my job Sad

Full-time Facebook Browser is a great position Thumbsup
[+] 2 users Like Jasozz's post
14-04-2014, 11:37 AM
(14-04-2014 11:09 AM)Jasozz Wrote:  In a meeting today at work, the CEO opened with asking which came first, the chicken or the egg. I was at the end of the table, so he asked for my response first, and I said something along the lines of "it's tough to say, since both are results of evolutions that occurred in order to assure the species' survival", to which pretty much everyone in the room (sans-CEO) laughed and one bitch even coughed out "bullshit", and then they all preceded to give their answers which were basically all CHICKEN CAME FIRST CUZ GAWD MADE IT THAT WAY.

The question itself was a segway into our CEO discussing how we can't make sales without delivering product, etc. etc., but it really pissed me off to get a response like that.

What would you guys have said? Is there a good solid response to this that can shut up the fine folk who spew out "GAWD DID IT"?

Also fuck Kansas.
Honestly, since it was a work situation, I probably would have let it go... aggravating as hell though it is! Outside work, I probably would have said something like "and which gawd was that again?" as a lead in to show them how much they base on complete assumption. Then I would have argued that they have no more reason to believe Yahweh created chickens or eggs than they do Zeus. From there, it undoubtedly would have gone on countless tangents as they would have avoided actually addressing any points and I probably would have completely wasted my time, but would hope maybe a point or two had reached somebody in the group.

@DonaldTrump, Patriotism is not honoring your flag no matter what your country/leader does. It's doing whatever it takes to make your country the best it can be as long as its not violent.