Chicken or the Egg?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-04-2014, 07:51 PM
RE: Chicken or the Egg?
Wait, I thought you did graphic design computer sort of stuff.
Doesn't one have to be just a tad non-retarded to do that? Why the fuck are they all theists?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-04-2014, 08:17 PM
I enjoy debates...not humiliation. I would've been pissed, and probably fired.

You are a better man than me.

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
14-04-2014, 08:26 PM
The problem with this is, if you're the only atheist in the village... You might easily defend your position and provide evidence, and know with full confidence that the fats are on your side, and you might even win the argument.

But... Is it worth it? Is it going to affect your job and friendships?

Or will you be harassed by people trying to get you to convert?

Initially it can be fun to debate theists, especially when you can just swat their arguments aside like Neo... But when you get four or five in a row, all using the same tired old arguments, you soon get mighty sick of it.

So you've just got to weigh it up... If they ask you out right then by all means tell the truth, but sometimes it pays to bite your tongue.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
14-04-2014, 08:32 PM
I would have turned it into a joke. Chickens and eggs are both main courses. So usually they arrive together.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
15-04-2014, 01:54 AM
(14-04-2014 08:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I would have turned it into a joke. Chickens and eggs are both main courses. So usually they arrive together.

This!

And if they persist then perhaps ask:

"Are we wanting a scientific explanation of real-world chickens and chicken eggs? Or are we talking metaphorically here?"

If they explain metaphorically then explain that it doesn't matter which came first because it's all made up anyway.

If they ask what really came first then, well, they did ask for a proper explanation.
15-04-2014, 07:29 AM
(14-04-2014 07:51 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, I thought you did graphic design computer sort of stuff.
Doesn't one have to be just a tad non-retarded to do that? Why the fuck are they all theists?

I'm the only graphic designer here, the rest of the people are typical business roles, accountant, salesmen, engineers etc.
15-04-2014, 07:31 AM
(14-04-2014 08:26 PM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  The problem with this is, if you're the only atheist in the village... You might easily defend your position and provide evidence, and know with full confidence that the fats are on your side, and you might even win the argument.

But... Is it worth it? Is it going to affect your job and friendships?

Or will you be harassed by people trying to get you to convert?

Initially it can be fun to debate theists, especially when you can just swat their arguments aside like Neo... But when you get four or five in a row, all using the same tired old arguments, you soon get mighty sick of it.

So you've just got to weigh it up... If they ask you out right then by all means tell the truth, but sometimes it pays to bite your tongue.

The issue is more of what Ryan said; Getting somewhat humiliated in a professional setting was more infuriating than the creatards being stupid. But I like this job, so I'm not out to start challenging people's (stupid) beliefs.
15-04-2014, 09:56 AM
(14-04-2014 08:32 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I would have turned it into a joke. Chickens and eggs are both main courses. So usually they arrive together.

Nono, the egg still came first. Chicken dinner with deviled egg appetizers.
15-04-2014, 12:22 PM
Scientific answer: chicken.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/1...y-cracked/

We have enough youth. How about looking for the Fountain of Smart?
15-04-2014, 12:34 PM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2014 12:40 PM by Taqiyya Mockingbird.)

"Dinosaurs laid eggs millions of years before there were any chickens."

[Image: 48576397.jpg]

Smartass

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
[+] 1 user Likes Taqiyya Mockingbird's post