Child Free and Free Thinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 06:45 AM
Child Free and Free Thinking
My wife and I have been married for four years - though we've been together for a little over ten years. We were basically kids when we got together. But, even back then, we knew that we never wanted to be parents.

It's made for some tearful conversations with our parents. But, all these years later, we think that we've finally got them at the point where they're accepting our choice (a very thoughtful one at that) to be child free.

Any other child free, free thinkers out there? What's your experience been like with your families?

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Virgo Supercluster's post
19-04-2014, 01:47 PM
RE: Child Free and Free Thinking
(19-04-2014 06:45 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  My wife and I have been married for four years - though we've been together for a little over ten years. We were basically kids when we got together. But, even back then, we knew that we never wanted to be parents.

It's made for some tearful conversations with our parents. But, all these years later, we think that we've finally got them at the point where they're accepting our choice (a very thoughtful one at that) to be child free.

Any other child free, free thinkers out there? What's your experience been like with your families?

I AMBig Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
19-04-2014, 06:05 PM
(19-04-2014 06:45 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  My wife and I have been married for four years - though we've been together for a little over ten years. We were basically kids when we got together. But, even back then, we knew that we never wanted to be parents.

People ask: How many children do you have?
Me: None
People: Oh, you poor thing. Are you sure there are no ways for you to get pregnant?

That's what I heard all my life. Now I am post-menopausal and they don't suggest medical treatments anymore but seem to bite their tongue instead.

Society is not at all ready yet to deal with those of us who choose not to have children.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
19-04-2014, 06:13 PM
None, and certainly no regrets; particularly the way society seems headed............
[+] 2 users Like Mr Woof's post
20-04-2014, 06:42 AM
Don't you guys just love the sound of a quiet home on a weekend morning? Big Grin

"The truth must dazzle gradually / or every man be blind." Emily Dickinson
[+] 2 users Like Virgo Supercluster's post
20-04-2014, 09:17 AM
(20-04-2014 06:42 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Don't you guys just love the sound of a quiet home on a weekend morning? Big Grin

I have siblings and birds and a cat in heat.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-04-2014, 09:23 AM
(20-04-2014 09:17 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 06:42 AM)Virgo Supercluster Wrote:  Don't you guys just love the sound of a quiet home on a weekend morning? Big Grin

I have siblings and birds and a cat in heat.

Pretty sure this thread is aimed at adults... Kiddo Tongue

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
20-04-2014, 09:30 AM
(20-04-2014 09:23 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 09:17 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I have siblings and birds and a cat in heat.

Pretty sure this thread is aimed at adults... Kiddo Tongue

Ya but teens get pregnant left and right now a days, so I thought it was cool.

[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
20-04-2014, 09:31 AM
(20-04-2014 09:30 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 09:23 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Pretty sure this thread is aimed at adults... Kiddo Tongue

Ya but teens get pregnant left and right now a days, so I thought it was cool.

I was just fucking with you! Unless you plan on getting pregnant Smile!

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
20-04-2014, 09:37 AM
(20-04-2014 09:31 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 09:30 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Ya but teens get pregnant left and right now a days, so I thought it was cool.

I was just fucking with you! Unless you plan on getting pregnant Smile!

I am a male!Gasp