Child Free and Free Thinking

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2014, 03:34 AM
RE: Child Free and Free Thinking
Shit, even I feel obligated to have kids sometime down the road, and I know marriage is AT LEAST 8 years down the road for me. I probably won't have em until my 30s though. Want to enjoy as much time in a quiet house with a wife as I can before the buggers start sucking up our time.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-04-2014, 08:34 AM
(20-04-2014 05:55 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 10:10 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  As someone who is older and about to have a kid, I didnt want kids for quite a while, then when I thought I wasnt going to get the chance (As I got older) I started to change my tune.

That being said I hate that people who don't want to have kids get harassed about it. If I ever here "Well you dont have kids, you wont understand" one more time in my life someone might die.

Note: To avoid disappointment for you don't, and I mean DON'T think that teens will grow up cleaning their own mess, they will in fact keep everything dirty until they can't see the floor, and if they do take them to therapy, any teen willing to clean without their parents telling them need it(it is actually a meme that's how serious teens were)

I would never expect teens to be perfect. Thats just silly. I know way to much about the process to ever expect that.

I do however also know that not all teens are the same, and while I wont be expecting them to be different than what you say, I wont expect the same either. If that makes sense.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
21-04-2014, 08:41 AM
(20-04-2014 10:10 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  As someone who is older and about to have a kid, I didnt want kids for quite a while, then when I thought I wasnt going to get the chance (As I got older) I started to change my tune.

That being said I hate that people who don't want to have kids get harassed about it. If I ever here "Well you dont have kids, you wont understand" one more time in my life someone might die.

I've used this line a few times:
"You have children; you wouldn't understand."

Atir aissom atir imon
21-04-2014, 10:09 AM
No kids here, and no plans to have them.

Life is good.
21-04-2014, 10:26 AM
(20-04-2014 05:55 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  

Note: To avoid disappointment for you don't, and I mean DON'T think that teens will grow up cleaning their own mess, they will in fact keep everything dirty until they can't see the floor, and if they do take them to therapy, any teen willing to clean without their parents telling them need it(it is actually a meme that's how serious teens were)

I used to nag my daughter about her messy room all the time but gave up. My daughter is now 19 and I hadn't seen her bedroom floor in several years, that is, until she started seeing ants. She eats in her room and they were after the food. Then the ants started crawling on her while she was asleep. That was a little too much even for her. She now cleans her room, vacuums it, dusts it and scrubs it. The ants have done a better job of getting her to clean her room than I ever could and ants did it without any nagging. Sometimes a mom just has to let nature take it's course, so to speak.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
21-04-2014, 10:29 AM
(21-04-2014 10:26 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 05:55 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Note: To avoid disappointment for you don't, and I mean DON'T think that teens will grow up cleaning their own mess, they will in fact keep everything dirty until they can't see the floor, and if they do take them to therapy, any teen willing to clean without their parents telling them need it(it is actually a meme that's how serious teens were)

I used to nag my daughter about her messy room all the time but gave up. My daughter is now 19 and I hadn't seen her bedroom floor in several years, that is, until she started seeing ants. She eats in her room and they were after the food. Then the ants started crawling on her while she was asleep. That was a little too much even for her. She now cleans her room, vacuums it, dusts it and scrubs it. The ants have done a better job of getting her to clean her room than I ever could and ants did it without any nagging. Sometimes a mom just has to let nature take it's course, so to speak.

Haha! Poor kid. Tongue
21-04-2014, 10:48 AM
(20-04-2014 09:37 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 09:31 AM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I was just fucking with you! Unless you plan on getting pregnant Smile!

I am a male!Gasp

That's sexiest.

Kids are completely off the table for me.
Don't want them. Not gonna have them.

My parents are a little disappointed I'm not gonna produce grandchildren for them. They seem to think "oh you say that now, but just you wait...", like it's some sort of fad that I don't want children.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-04-2014, 10:50 AM
(21-04-2014 10:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 09:37 AM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I am a male!Gasp

That's sexiest.

Freudian slip there 'Muffs?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
21-04-2014, 10:53 AM
(21-04-2014 10:50 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(21-04-2014 10:48 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  That's sexiest.

Freudian slip there 'Muffs?

*facepalm*

Bad spelling.

[Image: oscar.png]
21-04-2014, 11:33 AM
(21-04-2014 03:34 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Shit, even I feel obligated to have kids sometime down the road, and I know marriage is AT LEAST 8 years down the road for me. I probably won't have em until my 30s though. Want to enjoy as much time in a quiet house with a wife as I can before the buggers start sucking up our time.

Who needs kids when you have cats?

[Image: tumblr_static_impress.jpg]

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube