Child-Like faith

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Child-Like faith
(26-04-2015 11:01 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 10:39 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  God's benevolence is quite complex thing, but I think it could be simplified in something like that - my life is good so god is benevolent, if life of others isn't good the god certainly has his reason's to punish them. Therefore god is benevolent, maybe even more so as he punish the wicked which mean that he protect the innocents.

Also god being benevolent is specific thought construct - he is not benevolent thanks to his actions, his actions are benevolent cause they are, cause such is the belief in minds of some believers. If it was about god actions then who would believe in his benevolence after reading the Bible or even newspaper.

In the Book of Job--God does punish the innocent. I agree with you though-christians are spoon fed just the right passages to believe in god's benevolence. Not too mention, they are taught not to even think about questioning the almighty god.

He even does it for lolz I think. And I also agree, but I think it look somewhat different. Chrisitans could be taught about god benevolence by their parents, withou even using the Bible and then seeing and hearing about right passages harden their belif in god being good.

Also Old Testament could be somewhat disregarded and NT is less about vengefull god.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 11:07 AM
RE: Child-Like faith
This topic makes me wonder about something...Consider

In about first grade my son's teacher said that he was one of the only kids in the class that understood the difference between make-believe and reality. He was probably the only kid in the class who wasn't raised in a super-religious home. I wonder if being taught to believe that the fantastic stories in the Bible are true kept the other kids from being able to tell the difference with other things.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post