Child Prodigies...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Child Prodigies...
Popular convention says most anyone with the ambition and drive to practice for hours and years like crazy has the chance of becoming talented in their field.

But could there be something else at work than just spending years honing a craft?

This kid is my new favorite guitarist:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-07-2012, 11:53 AM
RE: Child Prodigies...
Ozzy apparently found out about the kid:

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
08-07-2012, 12:45 PM
He's sooooo cute!

Heart Heart Heart Heart And the little fucker can wail!!! Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
08-07-2012, 03:12 PM
How fucking cool would it be to be that kid? Rocking out as just a kid with OZZY FUCKING OSBOURNE ON STAGE in front of a crap ton of people! That kid ROCKS!
[+] 1 user Likes Logisch's post
10-07-2012, 09:04 PM
(08-07-2012 11:52 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Popular convention says most anyone with the ambition and drive to practice for hours and years like crazy has the chance of becoming talented in their field.

But could there be something else at work than just spending years honing a craft?

Could being an Asian have something to do with it...?

This is my most favorite intricate Mozart piece and what do I find on youtube... a kid freaking rocking it!!!!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
10-07-2012, 09:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-07-2012 08:55 AM by Bucky Ball.)
(10-07-2012 09:04 PM)Grassy Knoll Wrote:  This is my most favorite intricate Mozart piece and what do I find on youtube... a kid freaking rocking it!!!!
It's great to see she's having so much fun with it, and so totally engaged with the other musicians. Due to the size of her hands, she is leaving some of the chord octaves and other intervals, either off, or altered, but so completely up to the task. She seems really in to making music, not "showing off".

Mozart is really hard, as it's so transparent. The hardest thing I ever did was the Concerto # 21 with the SD symphony, in a high school competition. The Andante, (the "Elvira Madigan") has to be absolutely perfect .. everyone can hear any tiny mistake. I had a genius teacher, who would never compliment me. The only way I knew he was really happy with me was, he would sit at the other concert grand on the stage, and stop watching me, and stop hovering, and just play along with me. I'd be there desperate to read the right notes, and he'd be there just pulling it out of his brain, (no music in front of him), in another world. He would play around me, (the orchestra parts), and my part, whatever, just having fun. I know I will never be that good. It's hard, because by the time you really know something, you are so bored with it, you don't really want to play it anymore. So you have to leave it for a while, and rediscover it. Then you can make music out of it.

Not sure about the Oriental question. It could be. I think there is something about mathematical brains and the mathematical order/symmetry in Mozart.

Ever hear this kid from Korea sing ? (I think his name is Songbong Choi .. we'll be hearing about him in the future).

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
10-07-2012, 10:16 PM
(10-07-2012 09:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Mozart is really hard, as it's so transparent. The hardest thing I ever did was the Concerto # 21 with the SD symphony, in a high school competition. The Andante, (the "Elvira Madigan") has to be absolutely perfect .. everyone can hear any tiny mistake.
You play the keys? Cool! I play guitar but I think the classical stuff is the shiznit mos def.

(10-07-2012 09:44 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Ever hear this kid from Korea sing ?

Yes, thanks for making me cry... again Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Grassy Knoll's post
10-07-2012, 10:23 PM
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqLZE4oEKB99rRAjf6jXg...xfbvw3KnTg]

Whooops............ wrong prodigy Angel

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
I am not jealous of these kids.
Do they play wonderful and very skilles? Yes, very very.
Do they have an actual childhood? Did you think about that. Kids that play like this at that age, do you think they do a lot else but going to school, homework, music lessons, practice, eat, and sleep?
You have to practice hours every day to be that good.
Behind that are parents that want their kid to be oh so special. And how to achieve that? By taking away the spare time.
Sorry, I am really harsh, I know it, but I just don't like that. They can still practice for hours when they are grown up and may decide that themselves instead of their parents telling them to...

I am happy I was playing outside, climbing trees, burning my feet in the nettle fields I ran through, swimming, fighting, playing. Homework was done in no time because I wanted to go outside. And I had to practice my instrument about half an hour a day or until I could play the piece well. Not hours a day.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
11-07-2012, 04:17 PM
(11-07-2012 04:07 PM)Leela Wrote:  I am not jealous of these kids.
Do they play wonderful and very skilles? Yes, very very.
Do they have an actual childhood? Did you think about that. Kids that play like this at that age, do you think they do a lot else but going to school, homework, music lessons, practice, eat, and sleep?
You have to practice hours every day to be that good.
Behind that are parents that want their kid to be oh so special. And how to achieve that? By taking away the spare time.
Sorry, I am really harsh, I know it, but I just don't like that. They can still practice for hours when they are grown up and may decide that themselves instead of their parents telling them to...

I am happy I was playing outside, climbing trees, burning my feet in the nettle fields I ran through, swimming, fighting, playing. Homework was done in no time because I wanted to go outside. And I had to practice my instrument about half an hour a day or until I could play the piece well. Not hours a day.
Yabut, some kids WANT to do this. It's not always about being pushed. It can be, and probably often is. Some of us are just inherently nuts. Tongue

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post