Child Sacrifice

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-12-2011, 08:37 PM
RE: Child Sacrifice
Ya know... I asked the pastor of this Christian Ministry I was residing at once.. "Why would God allow all this suffering in Africa? Where is Jesus's salvation when it comes to Africa?"

He answered with confidence... "It is because of the original sin of Adam. Untill the people of Africa come to know and accept Jesus as their saviour, there will be no redemption for them."

Yes, yes... I know. I had the same disgusted look on my face as well when he said that.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2011, 11:22 PM
RE: Child Sacrifice
With some research I discovered the following:

"IIn Nigeria several Pentecostal pastors have mixed their evangelical brand of Christianity with African beliefs in witchcraft in order to benefit from the lucrative witch finding and exorcism business which in the past was the exclusive domain of the so-called witch doctor or traditional healers.

These pastors have been involved in the torturing and even killing of children accused of witchcraft[82]. Over the past decade, around 15,000 children have been accused, and around 1,000 murdered. Churches are very numerous in Nigeria, and competition for congregations is hard.

Some pastors attempt to establish a reputation for spiritual power by "detecting" child witches, usually following a death or loss of a job within a family, or an accusation of financial fraud against the pastor. In the course of "exorcisms", accused children may be starved, beaten, mutilated, set on fire, forced to consume acid or cement, or buried alive.

While some church leaders and Christian activists have spoken out strongly against these abuses, many Nigerian churches are involved in the abuse, although church administrations deny knowledge of it."

So Christianity is still witch hunting, just when you thought it finished in the Dark Ages.

"To think of what the world has suffered from superstition, from religion, from the worship of beast and stone and god, is
almost enough to make one insane."

Robert G. Ingersoll
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply