Child killing bears really kill children

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Smile Child killing bears really kill children
So, some of you could remember the times when we were not banned from http://www.evolutionisafairytale.com forums. Back then I asked the creationist, how could they use the Bible as a moral codex while there are such atrocities in there as the one in 2 Kings 2:24.

" And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them "

I got the answer that they wasn't killed, since the word "tear" means an entirely other thing.
[quoteE]xcept the word tare, not tear, is used. Does the Bible actually use the word "tear"?

deut 33:20 And of Gad he said, Blessed be he that enlargeth Gad: he dwelleth as a lion, and teareth the arm with the crown of the head.

judg 8:7 And Gideon said, Therefore when the LORD hath delivered Zebah and Zalmunna into mine hand, then I will tear your flesh with the thorns of the wilderness and with briers.

And your verse:

2kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

So what does Tare mean in God's word?

To rip somthing:
2sam 13:31 Then the king arose, and tare his garments, and lay on the earth; and all his servants stood by with their clothes rent.

Tares of the feild:
mt 13:25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
mt 13:26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
mt 13:27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
mt 13:29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
mt 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
mt 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.

Then tares are also those who worship Satan:
mt 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

And what an evil spirit can do to a person:
mk 9:20 And they brought him unto him: and when he saw him, straightway the spirit tare him; and he fell on the ground, and wallowed foaming.
lk 9:42 And as he was yet a coming, the devil threw him down, and tare him. And Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, and healed the child, and delivered him again to his father.

So since there is only one verse that mentions tares and children besides the one you used.

mt 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;

It means that the people (not actual children) who made fun of the man had given their souls to Satan (children of Satan). They were Satan worshipers so they were considered "children" of Satan's kingdom.

Now why word it this way where one has to search it out to gain truth? To do what the Bible calls: Separating the wheat from the tares. To see who will use things like that to justify their unbelief in God.
[/quote]

I'm not really a theological, but it didn't really make sense. Neither could I take a response, cause I was banned.
But today, I found my Hungarian Bible which was translated from the original Hebrew. The passage went like this:

De ő megfordult, rájuk nézett és az Úr nevében megátkozta őket. Erre kijött az erdőből két nősténymedve és negyvenkettőt széttépett a fiúk közül.

Here (not surprisingly) , the word "széttépett" means tear apart to pieces. No other meaning of his word exists. So those children were definitely killed!

I'm just telling this so that if you too encounter this argument you can refute it. (and I hope Ikester will someday read this)

..."we can be truly free - not because we can rebel against the the tyranny of the selfish replicators but because we know that there is no one to rebel."
Susan Blackmore : The Meme Machine
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply