Childeye- I challenge you!
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Thumbs Down Childeye- I challenge you!
Yup, I challenge thee. I always wanted to do a semi-formal debate, and I was so ready to do it with Lion IRC.

Debate topic - Is your God a loving one?

And if you don't like it, please suggest another one.

I'll be waiting with anticipation of your response.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Atothetheist's post
08-05-2013, 07:02 PM
RE: Childeye- I challenge you!
(08-05-2013 06:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yup, I challenge thee. I always wanted to do a semi-formal debate, and I was so ready to do it with Lion IRC.

I'm curious as to the ground rules and what passes the criteria for Loving. What is accepted evidence? I also want to know which God you are refering to. Perhaps you might be wasting your time if you don't know Who my God is.
08-05-2013, 07:08 PM
(08-05-2013 07:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 06:27 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Yup, I challenge thee. I always wanted to do a semi-formal debate, and I was so ready to do it with Lion IRC.

I'm curious as to the ground rules and what passes the criteria for Loving. What is accepted evidence? I also want to know which God you are refering to. Perhaps you might be wasting your time if you don't know Who my God is.

Loving: A feeling of attachment, or caring. Willing to protect you, and strives to continuously do you right. One who would stick by your side. Think of Love, and the common themes associated with it.

I assume your God is that of the Bible? Correct me if I am wrong.

Whatever article, experiment, book you use as evidence must have at least some evidence that the event you are describing from the book happened.

If you want to use the Bible, sure. If you want to use any Holy Book, go ahead. Just know that I can use it too. We will forgo the fact that God may/may not exist for the time being, and argue about if this God, as depicted in whatever Holy Book you use, is loving.

You can mention reality as well, because situations that actually happen are good evidence for both sides.

[+] 1 user Likes Atothetheist's post
09-05-2013, 07:05 PM
(08-05-2013 07:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 07:02 PM)childeye Wrote:  I'm curious as to the ground rules and what passes the criteria for Loving. What is accepted evidence? I also want to know which God you are refering to. Perhaps you might be wasting your time if you don't know Who my God is.

Quote:Loving: A feeling of attachment, or caring. Willing to protect you, and strives to continuously do you right. One who would stick by your side. Think of Love, and the common themes associated with it.

I assume your God is that of the Bible? Correct me if I am wrong.

Whatever article, experiment, book you use as evidence must have at least some evidence that the event you are describing from the book happened.

If you want to use the Bible, sure. If you want to use any Holy Book, go ahead. Just know that I can use it too. We will forgo the fact that God may/may not exist for the time being, and argue about if this God, as depicted in whatever Holy Book you use, is loving.

You can mention reality as well, because situations that actually happen are good evidence for both sides.
My God is the God revealed in the Christ. I stiil dont know how we would address proper evidence. You say, Whatever article, experiment, book you use as evidence must have at least some evidence that the event you are describing from the book happened.
How would we determine that? Particularly if we used the bible? Also, please don't lay a whole book on the thread so that I have to respond by first reading it. Keep the posts manageble with not too many intertwining themes to untangle. Other than that sounds like fun. How long will we go for? Do we need to set up a time to be available for so many hours? Or is this like a long chess match? You move one day, I move the next?
21-05-2013, 11:33 AM
(09-05-2013 07:05 PM)childeye Wrote:  
(08-05-2013 07:08 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  I assume your God is that of the Bible? Correct me if I am wrong.

My God is the God revealed in the Christ. I stiil dont know how we would address proper evidence. You say, Whatever article, experiment, book you use as evidence must have at least some evidence that the event you are describing from the book happened.
How would we determine that? Particularly if we used the bible? Also, please don't lay a whole book on the thread so that I have to respond by first reading it. Keep the posts manageble with not too many intertwining themes to untangle. Other than that sounds like fun. How long will we go for? Do we need to set up a time to be available for so many hours? Or is this like a long chess match? You move one day, I move the next?

This isn't my first rodeo, I am well aware of how a debate goes. Evidence, anything that supports your argument that can be confirmed to be true.

In other words, you can't use an event from the Bible unless you have evidence that this event occurred, and that it occurred exactly as stated in the bible.

This will go for however long you wish to respond to me. There is no set response time, as this is semi-formal, only for the reason that my schedule sits on shifting sands.

13-07-2013, 08:20 PM
Closed due to inactivity. Will be reopened at the request of the debaters.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
Thread Closed