Children and God

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-05-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Children and God
(26-05-2015 02:11 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(21-05-2015 09:58 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  1. Someone (I can no longer find the reference page online) has counted over 100 verses in the Bible indicating that children, all children, go to Heaven.

2. When Jesus said, "Forbid not the little children to come to me" He was doing and saying something very unusual in His society by giving them credence and treating them like adults.

3. Most Christians take Jesus's statement "Better to have a rock tied to you and drown that harm a child" as a very strong statement that the worst punishment is reserved for paedophiles and abusers.

I always laugh when you quote from the bible. Like someone knew exactly what Jesus said, like someone was following him around with a papyrus and quill in hand, busily writing down every utterance. It's such fantastical silliness.

Laugh out load

As I've said elsewhere, no one was following him of letters except the Pharisees and scribes to spy on him--and they may have written down some items--but if you saw your mentor die horribly and then rise from the dead to visit with you and disciple you some more, you would certainly tell His deeds and anecdotes hundreds of times, maybe even write a gospel, right?

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-05-2015, 09:45 AM
RE: Children and God
(26-05-2015 06:08 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(26-05-2015 02:04 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The first I've heard of such. Without being indiscreet regarding the alleged abuser, you are saying this was a person who molested young children? Even teens will have unlawful relations with other teens.

Currently here in Melbourne there is a major inquiry relating to child abuse and cover up in the Catholic Church.
Bishops have been seen to transfer serial offenders from parish to parish for decades.
It now looks as if Cardinal Pell (currently in Rome) is to be recalled to answer some dodgy questions.

And such cover ups are not indicative of paedophiles who have recanted/repented. They are hiding. God will punish them most severely.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply