Children and Prayer

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-11-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Children and Prayer
(10-11-2013 08:26 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Here's Jazzy

Okay, that one looks like a live wire...bet she keeps you and your mom on your toes! That sparkle in her eyes...I bet she is a handful.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2013, 08:39 PM
(10-11-2013 08:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:29 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  For not saying them

Oh ok. What would their mother have them do? If they are going to be going back with her, then I think doing whatever their mother would have them do is probably the least confusing.

I don't think Christy cares much, She really only goes to church when she starts to feel guilty. It's all really rather hard because my aunt is around my brothers age so I tend to look at them more nieces than cousin. Christy uses just about any excuse to wiggle out of being a parent. Sometimes I think subconsciously she wanted the fired happen. Or do you suppose I'm being cruel now?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-11-2013, 08:40 PM
(10-11-2013 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:26 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Here's Jazzy

Okay, that one looks like a live wire...bet she keeps you and your mom on your toes! That sparkle in her eyes...I bet she is a handful.

That's Jazzy alright she's hell on four wheels!
10-11-2013, 08:45 PM
(10-11-2013 08:40 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Okay, that one looks like a live wire...bet she keeps you and your mom on your toes! That sparkle in her eyes...I bet she is a handful.

That's Jazzy alright she's hell on four wheels!

I figured as much, a mom can spot that trait pretty accurately. Jazzy is a great name for a kid like that!

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
10-11-2013, 08:45 PM
(10-11-2013 08:39 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  
(10-11-2013 08:32 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Oh ok. What would their mother have them do? If they are going to be going back with her, then I think doing whatever their mother would have them do is probably the least confusing.

I don't think Christy cares much, She really only goes to church when she starts to feel guilty. It's all really rather hard because my aunt is around my brothers age so I tend to look at them more nieces than cousin. Christy uses just about any excuse to wiggle out of being a parent. Sometimes I think subconsciously she wanted the fired happen. Or do you suppose I'm being cruel now?

I can't really have an opinion on that since I don't know her at all. I guess if your mother is really set on punishing them for not praying and you're really not interested in arguing the point with her, then I don't think it would really hurt them to say grace. We have a little song my kids sing for "grace" when religious family insists on it. They think it is fun and I don't think it is hurting them any. I could be wrong. I'm sure some people would say I'm wrong for letting my kids say grace to a fake god just to appease my family, but I think it's best to keep the peace.
10-11-2013, 08:56 PM
Jazz-Marie I don't really worry much for not only is she too young understand truly but that little hellion is all fire and independence. She has punched me in the eye (and managed to leave a bruise) a fair few times at the words "nap" and "bath". It's sweet Lily I worry for, though she's picking up that 9 year old smart assery I'd expect Jazz can still make her cry. Shes just so darling and earger to please. She is a little too easily influenced for my liking. But maybe she'll grow out of it.
10-11-2013, 10:05 PM
(10-11-2013 08:56 PM)BrokenQuill92 Wrote:  Jazz-Marie I don't really worry much for not only is she too young understand truly but that little hellion is all fire and independence. She has punched me in the eye (and managed to leave a bruise) a fair few times at the words "nap" and "bath". It's sweet Lily I worry for, though she's picking up that 9 year old smart assery I'd expect Jazz can still make her cry. Shes just so darling and earger to please. She is a little too easily influenced for my liking. But maybe she'll grow out of it.

Actually I think it's a perfect setup. They're both going to learn a lot from each other. Thumbsup

"It's a most distressing affliction to have a sentimental heart and a skeptical mind.”
― نجيب محفوظ, Sugar Street
10-11-2013, 10:08 PM
It's up to their parents really, your mother should butt out of the issue, and unfortunately you can't really enforce or prevent anything. If you feel the parents would disapprove of the prayers you should tell them, and your mom should respect their wishes.

(10-11-2013 08:24 PM)The_Thinking_Theist Wrote:  Errr... I don't have kids, but I am one (or recently was one).

That explains a lot.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.