Children and punishments
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-01-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Children and punishments
(16-01-2014 08:42 AM)hotnostril Wrote:  What did you do before he went to daycare? Did you teach him how to share? Did you teach him how to sit still and quiet using positive reinforcement?

Seems to me you beat and abuse first then attempt to explain why he was just abused.

How's it working for you? You seem to take great pride and certainly seem to enjoy beating the boy.

As I've said, OVER AND OVER, I tried all of that. We worked with him. We took all the advice for training a "strong willed" child.

At one point, he didn't have anything in his room except a bed and a dresser. All of it was boxed up.

Didn't bother him in the least.

Believe it or not, we didn't start off with whipping. We started off with all the stuff they tell you to do... all the stuff you read in books. It never really worked, but it worked well enough... that is until he hit about 2.5.

And even now, we try other things. Nothing works. Nothing. And, I'm not surprised. I remember when I was 4 and 5. None of that would have worked on me either.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
16-01-2014, 08:52 AM
I dont have children. And one of the main reason why I dont want to have children, if not the only reason, is my fear that I could pass violence down the generations.

I ma not giving advice on parenting, since I am not in the position to. I am speaking from my expirience as a child aswell as I am acknowleging the laws of my land and the reasons for them being in place.

I have posted my arguments before, and see no point in arguing with some hillbilly who even refuses to adress these, but continues talking as if no questions were ever put up.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
16-01-2014, 08:55 AM
(16-01-2014 08:52 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I dont have children. And one of the main reason why I dont want to have children, if not the only reason, is my fear that I could pass violence down the generations.

I ma not giving advice on parenting, since I am not in the position to. I am speaking from my expirience as a child aswell as I am acknowleging the laws of my land and the reasons for them being in place.

I have posted my arguments before, and see no point in arguing with some hillbilly who even refuses to adress these, but continues talking as if no questions were ever put up.

ad homs are always fun.

Which questions do you want me to answer?

Edit:

Also, learn your correct derogatory term. I'm not a hillbilly... I'm not from Appalachia. I'm a redneck.

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
16-01-2014, 08:58 AM
(16-01-2014 08:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ad homs are always fun.

Not my job to change the stereotyps of your people.

Quote:Which questions do you want me to answer?

I am not going to search my posts in this thread to point it out to you.

If you dont read through peoples posts that is your problem with ignorance.

16-01-2014, 09:01 AM
(16-01-2014 08:58 AM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 08:55 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  ad homs are always fun.

Not my job to change the stereotyps of your people.

Quote:Which questions do you want me to answer?

I am not going to search my posts in this thread to point it out to you.

If you dont read through peoples posts that is your problem with ignorance.

So now it's my fault that you don't want to ask me a direct question now that you have my attention.

Not wading through all of that to try an pick out some nugget you want answered. Just ask your question. Not hard.

16-01-2014, 09:01 AM
I like this thread. I have screencaps of the relevant parts of this thread and I'm going to call these fine people later and find out where I can email them to.

See, someone in the world cares about your son, Jeremy. He'll be safe and far away from his violent monster of a father in no time. I hope you like prison food. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes NoraBrimstone's post
16-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Children and punishments
(16-01-2014 08:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(16-01-2014 08:42 AM)hotnostril Wrote:  What did you do before he went to daycare? Did you teach him how to share? Did you teach him how to sit still and quiet using positive reinforcement?

Seems to me you beat and abuse first then attempt to explain why he was just abused.

How's it working for you? You seem to take great pride and certainly seem to enjoy beating the boy.

As I've said, OVER AND OVER, I tried all of that. We worked with him. We took all the advice for training a "strong willed" child.

At one point, he didn't have anything in his room except a bed and a dresser. All of it was boxed up.

Believe it or not, we didn't start off with whipping. We started off with all the stuff they tell you to do... all the stuff you read in books. It never really worked, but it worked well enough... that is until he hit about 2.5.

And even now, we try other things. Nothing works. Nothing. And, I'm not surprised. I remember when I was 4 and 5. None of that would have worked on me either.

Then you were doing it wrong or you and your child have a serious brain abnormality.

Before my son, I was a therapeutic level three long term foster parent for ten years. The children were one step away from residential or from juvenile detention. All had psychiatric diagnoses.
Never once did I need to hit a child. All but one flourished in my home. It's amazing how fast even damaged children improve when they feel safe.
The one that didn't had severe attachment issues and behaviors like fire setting, animal abuse, sexual aggression I wasn't willing to take on.
Hmmmmm, maybe your son should be evaluated?
[+] 1 user Likes hotnostril's post
16-01-2014, 09:08 AM
(16-01-2014 09:01 AM)NoraBrimstone Wrote:  I like this thread. I have screencaps of the relevant parts of this thread and I'm going to call these fine people later and find out where I can email them to.

See, someone in the world cares about your son, Jeremy. He'll be safe and far away from his violent monster of a father in no time. I hope you like prison food. Big Grin

Beating children is legal in the entire USA, south of the mason dixon line it is even legal for teachers.

red: legal for teachers and parents to beat kids
blue: legal for parents to beat kids

[Image: 800px-Corporal_punishment_in_the_United_States.svg.png]

Which just shows that civilisation has still to arrive in hillbillyland.

In comparison Europe:

green: violence against children illegal in every form
blue: beating of children legal for parents

[Image: 713px-Corporal_punishment_in_Europe.svg.png]

16-01-2014, 09:09 AM
(16-01-2014 08:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  At one point, he didn't have anything in his room except a bed and a dresser. All of it was boxed up.
Didn't bother him in the least..
What sort of shitty toys were you buying that he didn't miss, did you try starting an episode of spongebob and then unplugging the TV. , its cruel but worked for me.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
16-01-2014, 09:18 AM
Children and punishments
(16-01-2014 08:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  

"Tried all of that" what does that mean exactly? What did that look like? Are your expectations realistic and age appropriate? Do you expect perfection? To you set your child up to fail or succeed?
Do you lack patience?
How old is this child now?
Surely you are smarter than a 2, 3- 5 year old and come up with something better. Do you really, honestly, in your heart, believe bullying your own child into submission is the only way?
[+] 1 user Likes hotnostril's post
Thread Closed