Children and punishments
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 05:11 PM
RE: Children and punishments
(15-01-2014 05:09 PM)sporehux Wrote:  Take their stuff off them, ground them from activities and friend visits, lecture them about empathy. Give them more chores.

My kids hate the lecturing most of all.

The only physical contact need be the hug when they apologize.

Tried that.

Literally took everything out of his room and put it in the attic. Didn't affect him.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 05:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 05:32 PM by Ferdinand.)
(15-01-2014 05:05 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 04:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I spank my kids.

My name is Jeremy Hill, and I live in Denham Springs, LA.

My FB: facebook.com/kingschosen

Not overly worried.

If I were you I would take that issue somewhat more fucking serious!

There's a huge difference between disciplining your children by spanking them, and ABUSING your children by beating them.

When I was little, and my mom popped me on the hand or on the butt for breaking something or doing wrong, I knew it was to teach me something. But the moment I saw my dad punch my mom in the face, I knew there was an obvious difference.
[+] 5 users Like Ferdinand's post
15-01-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 05:20 PM by The Germans are coming.)
(15-01-2014 05:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  There's a huge different between disciplining your children by spanking them, and ABUSING your children by beating them.

When I was little, and my mom popped me on the hand or on the butt for breaking something or doing wrong, I knew it was to teach me something. But the moment I saw my dad punch my mom in the face, I knew there was an obvious difference.

I may not know the difference due to my expirience. My father use to beat me with a wooden club and my mother wipped me with cables and locked me into a dark small cellar room.

But still. The worst case scenarious dont make violence against children, no matter how "small" less worse. They are in principle the same - child abuse.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
15-01-2014, 05:22 PM
(15-01-2014 05:16 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 05:12 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  There's a huge different between disciplining your children by spanking them, and ABUSING your children by beating them.

I may not know the difference due to my expirience. My father use to beat me with a wooden club and my mother wipped me with cables and locked me into a dark small cellar room.

But still. The worst case scenarious dont justify any violence against children, no matter how "small".

You're right. There's no justification for it... especially when I told my son to not get out of the car or I would whip him. There was a copperhead at his feet and he had no understanding of the danger. He did understand that he would have been whipped if he got out of the car.

Man, I'm such a horrible parent. I should have just let him get bit and probably die. I least I would have spared him from discipline.

15-01-2014, 05:27 PM
(15-01-2014 05:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're right. There's no justification for it... especially when I told my son to not get out of the car or I would whip him. There was a copperhead at his feet and he had no understanding of the danger. He did understand that he would have been whipped if he got out of the car.

Man, I'm such a horrible parent. I should have just let him get bit and probably die. I least I would have spared him from discipline.

So threatening someone with violence and actualy beating someone is the same thing???

In what civilisation?

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
15-01-2014, 05:27 PM
(15-01-2014 05:16 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I may not know the difference due to my expirience. My father use to beat me with a wooden club and my mother wipped me with cables and locked me into a dark small cellar room.

But still. The worst case scenarious dont make violence against children, no matter how "small" less worse. They are in principle the same - child abuse.

(15-01-2014 05:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 05:16 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I may not know the difference due to my expirience. My father use to beat me with a wooden club and my mother wipped me with cables and locked me into a dark small cellar room.

But still. The worst case scenarious dont justify any violence against children, no matter how "small".

You're right. There's no justification for it... especially when I told my son to not get out of the car or I would whip him. There was a copperhead at his feet and he had no understanding of the danger. He did understand that he would have been whipped if he got out of the car.

I don't like where this is heading.

TGAC, I'm sorry to hear about what your parents did to you, they sound like disgusting people and no child should ever be exposed to that.

KC, you aren't an awful parent just because you spank your kid when nothing else you do works.

[Image: now-kiss.png]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
15-01-2014, 05:31 PM
(15-01-2014 05:27 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 05:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're right. There's no justification for it... especially when I told my son to not get out of the car or I would whip him. There was a copperhead at his feet and he had no understanding of the danger. He did understand that he would have been whipped if he got out of the car.

So threatening someone with violence and actualy beating someone is the same thing???

In what civilisation?

I don't know. You tell me. You're the one that flipped out when I said I spank my kids.

15-01-2014, 05:33 PM
I don't like spanking. The idea makes me cringe. Which I think is common among people who have been abused. I also don't like the idea of judging a stranger on how they choose to parent. Non-abusive spanking of children younger than 8 is (to me) the same a circumcision. I think it's wrong but I won't judge others who choose to do it.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
15-01-2014, 05:34 PM
My mom made me sleep in the guest room, because all the toys and books were in my room. Or I was banned from trips to the library. My brother was hit but not often, the only two incidents that stick out are when he crashed the car for the 3rd time and when mom caught with a naked girl.that was really funny she chased them both out with a broom while they were getting dressed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes BrokenQuill92's post
15-01-2014, 05:36 PM
Well, this sure escalated more quickly than the exact same thread over at AF.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Thread Closed