Children and punishments
Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 05:36 PM
RE: Children and punishments
(15-01-2014 05:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I don't know. You tell me. You're the one that flipped out when I said I spank my kids.

Do you usualy simply flee into attacking people when you realise how completly stupid your initial statement was?

You are the one who claimed that threatening violence is the same as actualy conducting violence.

So justify it or run to the hills.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
Find all posts by this user
15-01-2014, 05:36 PM
(15-01-2014 05:27 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 05:16 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  I may not know the difference due to my expirience. My father use to beat me with a wooden club and my mother wipped me with cables and locked me into a dark small cellar room.

But still. The worst case scenarious dont make violence against children, no matter how "small" less worse. They are in principle the same - child abuse.

(15-01-2014 05:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  You're right. There's no justification for it... especially when I told my son to not get out of the car or I would whip him. There was a copperhead at his feet and he had no understanding of the danger. He did understand that he would have been whipped if he got out of the car.

Man, I'm such a horrible parent. I should have just let him get bit and probably die. I least I would have spared him from discipline.

I don't like where this is heading.

TGAC, I'm sorry to hear about what your parents did to you, they sound like disgusting people and no child should ever be exposed to that.

KC, you aren't an awful parent just because you spank your kid when nothing else you do works.

[Image: now-kiss.png]

TGAC has suffered a very traumatizing experience, I've been there too, and I understand the reasoning behind how he feels. It's hard to understand light discipline when you've been through a never ending nightmare.

However, KC, you're not a bad parent at all. If I've picking up anything from observing you on the forum, I can say you're an exemplary father to your children. You do not abuse them, you do not harm them, you keep them safe, and you discipline them in a manner that you see works.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
15-01-2014, 05:37 PM
I can only speak from personal experience, but spanking hasn't had any long-term negative effects on me (and no positive ones either, for that matter). Consider

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
15-01-2014, 05:39 PM
(15-01-2014 05:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, this sure escalated more quickly than the exact same thread over at AF.

Well yeah, I got banned for calling a redneck scumbag "child abuser" after he stated I should have been "beaten more as a child".

And I have absolutly nothing to appologise for.

A person who abuses a child - should be sharing a cell with a rapist for the rest of his or her pathetic life!

And a person who beats a child is a childabuser.

[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
(15-01-2014 05:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  I can only speak from personal experience, but spanking hasn't had any long-term negative effects on me (and no positive ones either, for that matter). Consider

Says a lot about your character, Vos. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Ferdinand's post
As Johnny Depp once said having kids is like living with miniature drunks. They do immensely stupid things which really have you going WTF? Little kids can't rationalise their behaviour and a lot of the time punishing them makes no sense so they don't actually learn anything.

Just being truly present with them, really listening to them and engaging with them works a hell of a lot better than any punishment I have ever found. Set out your expectations clearly, give reasonable time frames and expectations based on what is age and developmentally appropriate for them and don't jump down their throats if they stuff up on occasion.

Teach them kindness by being kind. Teach them to work hard by helping you. Read to them. A lot. Give them responsibilities. Make a punishment about fixing something not inflicting something on them. "So you drew on the walls. Well here is a cloth and some cleaning products and I will be back to inspect your work."

Come down on them like Thor's hammer if they do something deliberately hateful or destructive but know what their motivation was for it.

Oh and hot chocolate is bloody brilliant for compliance. I can have my friends 3 kids here all day with awesome behaviour with the promise of a hot chocolate in a demitasse cup like a big person.

Anyone who hits a child has to be seriously fucked in the head. Do you go hitting other people when they annoy you or do something silly? No. You would end up in jail.
[+] 1 user Likes Pippen's post
15-01-2014, 05:45 PM
(15-01-2014 05:39 PM)Pippen Wrote:  As Johnny Depp once said having kids is like living with miniature drunks. They do immensely stupid things which really have you going WTF? Little kids can't rationalise their behaviour and a lot of the time punishing them makes no sense so they don't actually learn anything.

God damn, don't give em to southern parents then. If anything, I can say getting my hand popped or getting a spanking from time to time taught me a lot.

Taught me not to be a little douche bag. Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
15-01-2014, 05:46 PM
(15-01-2014 05:05 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 04:57 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I spank my kids.

My name is Jeremy Hill, and I live in Denham Springs, LA.

My FB: facebook.com/kingschosen

Not overly worried.

If I were you I would take that issue somewhat more fucking serious!

GAC - Look. I get completely that you have a horrendous, awful experience with your parents. Not to mention the other kids in your neighborhood growing up. I am so sorry for that. I wish there was something anyone could do to help you.

That said, it is unfair to KC (or people who use this method in moderation) to vicariously retaliate against your abusers due to your lack of power then by overcompensating for it now in an ersatz justice.

KC does not abuse his children and to insinuate that he does just because he has chosen to spank as the only working method of discipline is....overly dramatic and hysterical reaction based on your past experience.

KC did not abuse you. Do not try to stand up to him the way you couldn't to your abusers. No You will never seek healing this way.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
[+] 4 users Like Cathym112's post
15-01-2014, 05:48 PM
(15-01-2014 05:39 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 05:36 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Well, this sure escalated more quickly than the exact same thread over at AF.

Well yeah, I got banned for calling a redneck scumbag "child abuser" after he stated I should have been "beaten more as a child".

And I have absolutly nothing to appologise for.

A person who abuses a child - should be sharing a cell with a rapist for the rest of his or her pathetic life!

And a person who beats a child is a childabuser.

I was commenting on the duplication of the thread over there, as is happening a lot lately.

I have issues with the line between discipline and punishment but also know that my view is skewed thanks to psycho, violent parents.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
15-01-2014, 05:54 PM
(15-01-2014 05:46 PM)Cathym112 Wrote:  GAC - Look. I get completely that you have a horrendous, awful experience with your parents. Not to mention the other kids in your neighborhood growing up. I am so sorry for that. I wish there was something anyone could do to help you.

That said, it is unfair to KC (or people who use this method in moderation) to vicariously retaliate against your abusers due to your lack of power then by overcompensating for it now in an ersatz justice.

KC does not abuse his children and to insinuate that he does just because he has chosen to spank as the only working method of discipline is....overly dramatic and hysterical reaction based on your past experience.

KC did not abuse you. Do not try to stand up to him the way you couldn't to your abusers. No You will never seek healing this way.

Nice explaination. Thing is: It`s useless and no amount of explaining will change my opinion or let alone change the situation, which is that corporal punishment against minors is stricktly illegal in every European country but the UK, France, Italy, Switzerland, Serbia, Bosnia, Belgium, Czech Republic and Slovakia.

Unfortunatly Corporal punishment in the US is leagal and decided on by the states which (oh what a not suprise) show the below the mason dixon line even beating kids at school is legal. But I am not suprised about that considering how those savages there were still believing in racial segregation whilest the rest of the world was interducing contraception and legalising abortion.

Someone who beats a child, does not have to justify that infront of me or a forum - but a judge.

Anyway. I abide to German law. And by reporting suspected child abusers to the authorities I am simply doing my duty as a citizen.

Thread Closed