Children and sin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2015, 03:41 PM
Children and sin
Half listening to a service that came on the tv and a pastor got to talking about children and sin. And god forgiving them. How the hell do children sin. As for god forgiving them that's a concept they can't begin to grasp until their teens. They don't even know what a god is, any god or this jesus Christians talk about. And the way they say how god loves you. Again something kids can't grasp. Imagine telling a kid who some guy was nailed up ( horrific image) and how he died for everyone's sins. This is child abuse at it's extreme.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2015, 03:44 PM
RE: Children and sin
You're certainly not the first person to claim indoctrination is abuse.

Are you sure this belongs in the personal issues and support section though?

So many cats, so few good recipes.
19-04-2015, 07:09 PM
(19-04-2015 03:41 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  How the hell do children sin.

You ever have those moments when you were younger, and your sibling got the bigger ice cream cone, or someone on the school bus had gum and you didn't, or a classmate had a really cool eraser, and you got angry about that?

Coveting! Eternal damnation for the little munchkins! Big Grin

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
19-04-2015, 07:46 PM
Mom: Go clean your room.
Kid: Aww mom. Can I finish watching spongenob first?

Obey your mother and father. Is sin because they whined and complained and didn't comply immediately.

Another example:

Mom: Sweetheart, do you know where Mommy's keys are?
3 year old: Nooo.
Keys in 3 yr old's play kitchen oven.

Stealing AND lying.

Rolleyes

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
19-04-2015, 07:54 PM
Glad my daughter will never hear this crap from her dad or myself.
19-04-2015, 08:44 PM
(19-04-2015 07:46 PM)Nurse Wrote:  Mom: Go clean your room.
Kid: Aww mom. Can I finish watching spongenob first?

Obey your mother and father. Is sin because they whined and complained and didn't comply immediately.

Another example:

Mom: Sweetheart, do you know where Mommy's keys are?
3 year old: Nooo.
Keys in 3 yr old's play kitchen oven.

Stealing AND lying.

Rolleyes

Just thank your lucky charms stars that the wonderful loving father god sent his son to DIE DIE DIE as a requirement for those evils. Yes

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
20-04-2015, 10:16 AM
(19-04-2015 03:41 PM)Takelababy Wrote:  Half listening to a service that came on the tv and a pastor got to talking about children and sin. And god forgiving them. How the hell do children sin. As for god forgiving them that's a concept they can't begin to grasp until their teens. They don't even know what a god is, any god or this jesus Christians talk about. And the way they say how god loves you. Again something kids can't grasp. Imagine telling a kid who some guy was nailed up ( horrific image) and how he died for everyone's sins. This is child abuse at it's extreme.

How do the children sin? Like everyone else - by speech, action or lack of it and thought. That is if you believe in sin.
I do not understand what is suprising you? Instiling fear in children isn't something that church started doing yesterday. It is viable strategy, making them think that they are sinners and offer them absolution.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
20-04-2015, 02:36 PM
(19-04-2015 07:09 PM)CleverUsername Wrote:  You ever have those moments when you were younger, and your sibling got the bigger ice cream cone, or someone on the school bus had gum and you didn't, or a classmate had a really cool eraser, and you got angry about that?

Coveting! Eternal damnation for the little munchkins! Big Grin

If my kids need forgiving, the only way that I will ever be able to forgive them is to kill one of my sons in a gruesome fashion (as a sign of my love for the other two boys) and the other two have to accept this or else I will throw them into my furnace in the basement. *cough* Because I just love them so much. *cough*

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac