• 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-08-2016, 03:28 AM
RE: Children being taught nonsense and bigotry
Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-08-2016, 09:39 AM
RE: Children being taught nonsense and bigotry
(28-08-2016 10:59 PM)Sass Wrote:  Thank u everyone for your advice. I would say that I have to agree with u all. And as an update......I did sit my kids down one day and have a talk. We talked about how lots of people have different views on how the world came to be, how we are all different (skin colour, race, sexual orientation, size, etc.....), and very importantly how......u do not HAVE to believe in God and believe everything u hear from your dad or in church! At least they know that this is an option and why. Of coarse I told them that what-ever they decide to believe in I will always love them. I think it went well. I hope with my little talks, I can stop any indoctrination and hopefully just teach them to think for themselves and question everything. I have found an excellent u tube video on evolution. I am excited to show it to them one day!

Well done!

If you need any help with questions they have about evolution that YouTube doesn't answer easily for you, or need things in the videos explained so you can explain it to the kids, feel free to come here and make a thread about it... this forum just happens to have about half a dozen experts in that field, myself included (as a former field biologist).

Best of luck with bringing up your boys. I have a Christian wife and two sons, but she's also an evolutionary biologist (in genetic studies on roundworms), which is how we met, so I have less indoctrination to overcome.

Your husband's willful ignorance about atheists is, I confess, somewhat disturbing to me... especially given that he *knows* one, presumably pretty well.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply