20-04-2014, 09:52 AM
China becoming most Christian nation in 15 yrs
Christian China in 15 years

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-04-2014, 10:30 AM
RE: China becoming most Christian nation in 15 yrs
Ratios count though... It should be measured against to proportion who aren't Christian.

I last heard America has a population of about 300 million, and China has a population 4 times bigger... America will still be far more Christian than China really.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-04-2014, 09:20 PM
(20-04-2014 10:30 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Ratios count though... It should be measured against to proportion who aren't Christian.

I last heard America has a population of about 300 million, and China has a population 4 times bigger... America will still be far more Christian than China really.

Exactly.

Using the 247mil number in the article by 2030 puts China at ~16.5% Christian, if the population stays around 1.5Bil people (current estimates are around 1.47Bil for 2025). America, as of 2012, sits at 73% Christian; based on 314mil population that's 229.2 mil Christians.

By shear number of Christians, sure, more Christians than anywhere else, but 16.4% doesn't sound like majority numbers to me. Certainly not high enough to label the nation.

Also, this quote made me laugh:

Quote:"If everyone in China believed in Jesus then we would have no more need for police stations. There would be no more bad people and therefore no more crime," she added.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
[+] 4 users Like Anudist's post
20-04-2014, 09:30 PM
I recall reading the Chinese response to the first missionaries was along the lines "Why did this god take so long to inform the Chinese?"

A fine question.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 7 users Like Banjo's post
20-04-2014, 10:53 PM
(20-04-2014 09:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I recall reading the Chinese response to the first missionaries was along the lines "Why did this god take so long to inform the Chinese?"

A fine question.

Similar to what I heard.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-04-2014, 11:10 PM
(20-04-2014 09:20 PM)Anudist Wrote:  Also, this quote made me laugh:

Quote:"If everyone in China believed in Jesus then we would have no more need for police stations. There would be no more bad people and therefore no more crime," she added.

Well, as long as God told ya to do it it ain't bad and ain't a crime, is it? Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-04-2014, 11:50 PM
I too winced when I read
"If everyone in China believed in Jesus then we would have no more need for police stations. There would be no more bad people and therefore no more crime," she added."

This is bullshit! And I can prove it. Please click this link

http://www.markfulton.org/christianity-a...al-society

Also, I've been to China three times. I've seen very little evidence of Christianity there. I'm married to a Chinese girl. She had heard of Jesus, but knew more about Bob Dylan and Leonard Cohen, and didn't know what a church was. She was living in Shanghai, is not uneducated, and is computer literate. That should demonstrate how insignificant Christianity is in China.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Mark Fulton's post
21-04-2014, 04:09 AM
(20-04-2014 11:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(20-04-2014 09:20 PM)Anudist Wrote:  Also, this quote made me laugh:

Well, as long as God told ya to do it it ain't bad and ain't a crime, is it? Dodgy

That quote jumped out at me too.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
21-04-2014, 06:44 AM
(20-04-2014 10:30 AM)Paranoidsam Wrote:  Ratios count though... It should be measured against to proportion who aren't Christian.

Yeah, when people talk about these things, they mean ratios, not absolute numbers. Otherwise, you get stupidly absurd claims when talking about countries with huge populations. If those projections are correct, looking at just the totals, China will simultaneously be the most Christian and most atheist country in existence.

Of course. It's pretty much the most anything country, with more than a billion citizens. I hate when people play fast and loose with statistics to try and make a point.
21-04-2014, 06:46 AM
(20-04-2014 09:30 PM)Banjo Wrote:  I recall reading the Chinese response to the first missionaries was along the lines "Why did this god take so long to inform the Chinese?"

A fine question.

-Or-
The question could be asked why did the Chinese take so long to listen to God?

Missions to China did not just start. An arguement can be made for 1 century missionaries that went eastward.

The fact that it took 2000 years for the gospel to take root in a nation so large speaks to a people not willing or ready to hear what God has to say.

Look at this message board or a strong paralell.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.