China beginning to distance itself from North Korea?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-04-2013, 09:23 AM
RE: China beginning to distance itself from North Korea?
(12-04-2013 07:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Is that the Oresund bridge by chance?

Why do you say NK is distancing itself from China? I certainly understand China distancing itself from NK, and we see that by statements from the Chinese government. BUT NK distancing itself from China seems to make little sense.
I would think NK would like to remain friendly with China, it's certainly in their best interest.

Quote:Do you think the Chinese leadership would accept a reunification under South Korean terms, or would they press for the North to join China itself?

IMO, it doesn't matter what the Chinese want, a better question is, would the NK people accept reunification under South Korean terms?

A unified Korea would be an economic powerhouse. I would think China would support that, especially considering it's proximity to China. A reunified Korea would make an excellent trade partner.

Let me have a go at answering this. Why does NK want to distance itself? Because it's becoming increasingly clear that the current leaders of the country are drinking their own kool-aid. Remember this country is now into it's 3rd generation of complete isolation and heavy propaganda so it's not surprising that the leadership, even the ones that were able to travel like Lil Fatty the third (btw thanks for that Hu, I still laugh every time I say it) are buying into their national image even when it has no basis in reality.

Question 2 would the people of NK accept rule by the south. Thats a hard one but the ones that escape NK love the south. Add that to the fact that it would end the 20 year famine and I think it would be an easy sell to most of the population. The military leaders and higher ranking party members would be the biggest problem here.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-04-2013, 06:32 PM
RE: China beginning to distance itself from North Korea?
I think the older generation, who remember before the war, would be keen for a unified Korea, but I'm more worried about the people my age. The young people, probably in the military. They've been raised and spoon fed propaganda their whole life. They are the ones who I don't think would accept anything short of NK steam rolling the South.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply