Poll: Should governments forcefully oppose religion?
Yes, anything is better than woo-peddling
No, individual freedoms have to be respected
It’s fucking China, who cares?
[Show Results]

China decapitates Christian Churches

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-05-2016, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 22-05-2016 06:43 AM by Full Circle.)
China decapitates Christian Churches
Not sure how to feel about this one. I despise Big Brother as much as Big Sky Daddy.

“SHUITOU, China — Along the valleys and mountains hugging the East China Sea, a Chinese government campaign to remove crosses from church spires has left the countryside looking as if a typhoon had raged down the coast, decapitating buildings at random.”

"In a major speech on religious policy last month, Mr. Xi urged the ruling Communist Party to “resolutely guard against overseas infiltrations via religious means,” and he warned that religions in China must “Sinicize,” or become Chinese. The instructions reflect the government’s longstanding fear that Christianity could undermine the party’s authority. Many human rights lawyers in China are Christians, and many dissidents have said they are influenced by the idea that rights are God-given.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/22/world/....html?_r=0

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-05-2016, 07:04 AM
RE: China decapitates Christian Churches
No different to Europeans wanting muslim immigrants to integrate.

It's virus protection.

Smile

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
22-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Government-sponsored vandalism?
Grow up, China.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
22-05-2016, 07:07 AM
Well where is the ban on religion? Why aren't they simply outright banning the buildings too?

I don't agree with China doing that no, but that does not in turn justify our right wing nuts gang tagging government property pretending the First Amendment justifies a religious pecking order. Their bullshit does not justify our bullshit.

FYI, China's communist party isn't religion free, it is merely competition free. They don't want anyone, religious or business undermining their authority. They also allow the private sector. That is where you buy your cheap crap from.

America's GOP wants to replicate the same concentration of wealth to the GOP and also base it on sweat shop labor.

It should not matter who the human rights layers are and to claim atheists cant value human rights is fucking bullshit. China has it's own majority religions and superstitions. They simply have a stricter control on both the market and speech.

I was watching a press conference on PBS last month interviewing China's Premier who pulled the same GOP corporate welfare line "now is not the time to tax the rich".

Their economy is part of the global corporate plutocracy. That does not mean our religious right has the right to claim dominion over non Christians in the west either. Nor does it mean all atheists value one party states.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-05-2016, 07:57 AM
Look at the wonders imported Christianity has done in Africa.

Witch hunts, facilitating the spreading of AIDS, making homosexuality akin to murder, civil wars and genocide.

Can't say I blame them...

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-05-2016, 08:07 AM
As much as I dislike Christianity, I don't think ones religious freedoms should be taken away. On a added not, I can hear the Christians talk about being prosecuted from a mile away, saying that china's decision effects american christians (somehow)

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
22-05-2016, 08:36 AM
(22-05-2016 07:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  No different to Europeans wanting muslim immigrants to integrate.

It's virus protection.

Smile

IMO It’s somewhat different since these aren’t immigrants.

State sponsored group-think whether pro or anti anything normally doesn’t work out too well for the persecuted.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
22-05-2016, 02:08 PM
(22-05-2016 07:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  No different to Europeans wanting muslim immigrants to integrate.

It's virus protection.

Smile

Except in Europe, muslims are just a small minority of the population, where as China has more christians than card holding communist, and is set to become the worlds largest Christian nation in less than 20 years, which makes for an interesting development, on how this all will play out.

"Tell me, muse, of the storyteller who has been thrust to the edge of the world, both an infant and an ancient, and through him reveal everyman." ---Homer the aged poet.

"In Him was life, and the life was the Light of men. The Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it."
22-05-2016, 02:35 PM
(22-05-2016 02:08 PM)Tomasia Wrote:  

It's virus protection.

Smile

Except in Europe, muslims are just a small minority of the population, where as China has more christians than card holding communist, and is set to become the worlds largest Christian nation in less than 20 years, which makes for an interesting development, on how this all will play out.

Do you have a citation for that?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Freedom of conscience is a basic right, by my lights.