China's Ministry of Commerce responded to Japan's joining the TPP negotiations

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2013, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 12:07 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
Rainbow China's Ministry of Commerce responded to Japan's joining the TPP negotiations
2013-03-20 10:43:59 Source: http://www.China.com

20th, March. According to the news published on the website of the Ministry of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce spokesman Shen Danyang held a regular press conference on the 19th, introducing China's stance on Japan's joining the TPP negotiations.

A reporter asked since recently the Japanese government officially claimed that Japan participated in the TPP negotiations, how China viewed the relationship between the TPP and the China-Japan-South Korea FTA. Was it complementary or antagonistic?

Shen Danyang said that the Chinese government had consistently held that the economic entities of the world had the right to choose the economic integration paths to participate in, according to their own national conditions and development levels, and that the Chinese government was all committed to achieving the goal of regional economic integration, cooperation with an open and inclusive attitude.

He said the Chinese government also believed that as bringing together the vast majority of countries around the world, the multilateral trading system should remain the main channel to promote global trade liberalization. Regional and bilateral trade arrangements should be a useful complement to rather than a substitute of the multilateral trading system. He added that the Chinese government would maintain communications with all parties, with an in-depth analysis of the impact of the above negotiations, and that at the same time as many knew, China would accelerate the implementation of the strategy of her own free trade zone.

Want something? Then do something.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-03-2013, 11:23 AM
RE: China's Ministry of Commerce responded to Japan's joining the TPP negotiations
... or reading between the lines...

Don't piss us off or we will stomp on you.

Dodgy

We've all read 1984.

31-03-2013, 11:33 AM
RE: China's Ministry of Commerce responded to Japan's joining the TPP negotiations
It's hard but I try hard not to buy things made in China. I don't what to die from some kind of poison or something.....

[Image: i-Jn5RHZ7-S.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes smidgen's post
31-03-2013, 11:58 AM (This post was last modified: 31-03-2013 12:14 PM by HU.Junyuan.)
(31-03-2013 11:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... or reading between the lines...

Dodgy

We've all read 1984.

Since you guys were talking about the everybody but China TPP, I thought you might interested in how China responded and I translated a piece of news.

And I don't get the '... or reading between the lines...' and the 'We've all read 1984.' things.

Cared for an update?

Edit: Ah, got the '... or reading between the lines...' thing which is basically what North Korea, South Korea and the U.S. are yelling at the other side right now. But still don't know what happened in 1984. Something about Reagan?

31-03-2013, 12:11 PM
(31-03-2013 11:58 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 11:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... or reading between the lines...

Dodgy

We've all read 1984.

Since you guys were talking about the everybody but China TPP, I thought you might interested in how China responded and I translated a piece of news.

And I don't catch up with the '... or reading between the lines...' and the 'We've all read 1984.' things.

Cared for an update?

[don't say "catch up with", say "get". Dunno why that's right but it's more right]

I wasn't being serious, dude. It was a reference to George Orwell's 1984 with its Newspeak http://www.netcharles.com/orwell/article...quotes.htm .

1984 was a criticism of totalitarianism but also is a prediction of 'political correctness'.

All I meant was that as a skeptic there is an instinct to believe the exact opposite of what a politician says in public (in all countries).

Example:
"accelerate the strategy of her own free trade zone" = "We don't want to be in your club, we are setting up our own club and if you won't join that... watch out!"

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
31-03-2013, 12:17 PM
(31-03-2013 12:11 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 11:58 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Since you guys were talking about the everybody but China TPP, I thought you might interested in how China responded and I translated a piece of news.

And I don't catch up with the '... or reading between the lines...' and the 'We've all read 1984.' things.

Cared for an update?

[don't say "catch up with", say "get". Dunno why that's right but it's more right]

I wasn't being serious, dude. It was a reference to George Orwell's 1984 with its Newspeak http://www.netcharles.com/orwell/article...quotes.htm .

1984 was a criticism of totalitarianism but also is a prediction of 'political correctness'.

All I meant was that as a skeptic there is an instinct to believe the exact opposite of what a politician says in public (in all countries).

Example:
"accelerate the strategy of her own free trade zone" = "We don't want to be in your club, we are setting up our own club and if you won't join that... watch out!"

Thanks. And I think it is the correct interpretation of the diplomatic language.

The U.S. moved a chess piece.

China moved a chess piece.

And we will see who is going to make the next move and what it is going to be.

[+] 1 user Likes HU.Junyuan's post
31-03-2013, 12:26 PM
(31-03-2013 11:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Don't piss us off or we will stomp on you.

Or it could also mean 'We're pretty scared so we have to bluff a little to feel better'

Who knows?

31-03-2013, 12:35 PM
(31-03-2013 12:26 PM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  
(31-03-2013 11:23 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Don't piss us off or we will stomp on you.

Or it could also mean 'We're pretty scared so we have to bluff a little to feel better'

Who knows?

Well, maybe.

In my limited knowledge of Middle Kingdom politics (as seen from the South) I have never detected fear in their dealings with the West.

It always seems like a tolerant grandparent dealing with a wise-arse teenager.

The historical rivalry with Japan and how this is unfolding though is more interesting.

Long memories on both sides, I think.

Undecided

31-03-2013, 04:19 PM
(31-03-2013 11:58 AM)HU.Junyuan Wrote:  Since you guys were talking about the everybody but China TPP, I thought you might interested in how China responded and I translated a piece of news.

I get that. Thanks. Thumbsup

Try not to let the snark and bias get to you. My bias is more against America than for it, cause I live here and see what it gets up to.

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-03-2013, 09:49 PM
(31-03-2013 04:19 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  

I get that. Thanks. Thumbsup

Try not to let the snark and bias get to you. My bias is more against America than for it, cause I live here and see what it gets up to.

My bias is more against China because I know people who have been poisoned by products exported from that criminal enterprise.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user