China to build “Higgs factory” twice the size of Cern’s Large Hadron Collider

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-12-2015, 06:58 PM
China to build “Higgs factory” twice the size of Cern’s Large Hadron Collider
Link.

Quote:The project was first mentioned in three years ago, but most physicists around the world assumed that the Chinese would begin with a modest project to hone their skills.

Instead, they are planning to build a 100km long loop, more than three times longer than the LHC.

The aim is to produce a “factory” for making Higgs bosons in hopes that if hundreds of bosons are produced, it will be possible to find deviations from the particle physics’ “standard model”, which would then give theoretical physicists data for their hypotheses.

Dayum!

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GenesisNemesis's post
03-12-2015, 07:08 PM
RE: China to build “Higgs factory” twice the size of Cern’s Large Hadron Collider
Wow. Never underestimate the Chinese. 5000 year old written history my friends. They actually invented the "Swiss watch". So many inventions come from China.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
03-12-2015, 07:23 PM
RE: China to build “Higgs factory” twice the size of Cern’s Large Hadron Collider
Why? I don't get their value judgment of seeing a desire to focus on Higgs opposed to the various other particles of great wonder that are able to be sought after and data mined.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
They're going to produce significant amounts of anti-matter and annihilate us all.
Dodgy
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
06-12-2015, 09:37 PM
That's going to take all the money the US ever sent for shoddy goods to get it built.

On a serious note, that is going to be one massive undertaking. Good luck, China.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-12-2015, 09:40 PM
This is the reason why they build shoddy DVD players and TV's. All the better to sell another one. Wink

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-12-2015, 11:11 PM
(06-12-2015 09:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That's going to take all the money the US ever sent for shoddy goods to get it built.

On a serious note, that is going to be one massive undertaking. Good luck, China.

It's a Doomsday Machine. Weeping

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
11-12-2015, 11:28 AM
(06-12-2015 11:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 09:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  That's going to take all the money the US ever sent for shoddy goods to get it built.

It's a Doomsday Machine. Weeping

It's probably never going to work, so we'll be OK.
11-12-2015, 12:36 PM
(03-12-2015 07:23 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  Why? I don't get their value judgment of seeing a desire to focus on Higgs opposed to the various other particles of great wonder that are able to be sought after and data mined.

First thing that popped into my head is a greater understanding of gravity and potential for manipulation
11-12-2015, 12:38 PM
(11-12-2015 11:28 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-12-2015 11:11 PM)Chas Wrote:  It's a Doomsday Machine. Weeping

It's probably never going to work, so we'll be OK.

I think that only applies to cheap knockoffs... Something this big and expensive is going to work. They're immoral assholes who apply low value to human lives... But they aren't idiots.
[+] 1 user Likes WeAreTheCosmos's post