Chinchilla vs Hedgehog vs Bunny vs Guinea Pig

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-12-2014, 11:40 AM
RE: Chinchilla vs Hedgehog vs Bunny vs Guinea Pig
(22-12-2014 11:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  She wants a dang pig.

We have King... not getting another medium to big animal... just not doing it.

She has been pestering me for a pig for the longest time.

Also available in 'small'.

[Image: mJGYi.jpg]

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-12-2014, 12:41 PM
(22-12-2014 11:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Also available in 'small' 'delicious'.

[Image: rsz_wallpaper1.jpg]

Fixed.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
22-12-2014, 01:19 PM
It may not be a fair sample but I have an intense dislike for the rabbit I live with. (The little bastard is becoming less bitey though.)

I was going to suggest a Teacup Pig but that's been ninja'd away from me. They're adorable and (apparently) fairly easy to look after. Not cheap though.

I'd suggest a hamster over a guinea pig. They're slughtly more durable and don't drop into a berzerker rage when they feel threatened. It's almost like getting a less smelly rat.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
22-12-2014, 01:23 PM
(22-12-2014 01:19 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  It may not be a fair sample but I have an intense dislike for the rabbit I live with. (The little bastard is becoming less bitey though.)

Mini lop or regular. From what I've bee reading, mini lops have a good temperament.

Quote:I was going to suggest a Teacup Pig but that's been ninja'd away from me. They're adorable and (apparently) fairly easy to look after. Not cheap though.

This is what QC wants, and I'm fighting it tooth and nail. Dogs are expensive enough... we don't need another dog-like pet.

Quote:I'd suggest a hamster over a guinea pig. They're slughtly more durable and don't drop into a berzerker rage when they feel threatened. It's almost like getting a less smelly rat.

Yeah, I had one as a kid, and I remember loving it (hamster that is). G-pigs go beastmode? I can't picture that.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
22-12-2014, 01:26 PM
(22-12-2014 09:30 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  what about lizards? I would imagine your dinosaur kid would enjoy that.

Only the small ones! A monitor sized lizard (roughly 2 ft. in length) took over an entire room, in my old house, as it's lair! Confused I kinda miss Tank from time to time, though!

22-12-2014, 02:21 PM
(22-12-2014 12:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 11:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Also available in 'small' 'delicious'.

[Image: rsz_wallpaper1.jpg]

Fixed.

[Image: Pig-Kissing-Baby-I-Love-You-Future-Bacon...Zombie.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
22-12-2014, 02:27 PM
(22-12-2014 02:21 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 12:41 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Fixed.

[Image: Pig-Kissing-Baby-I-Love-You-Future-Bacon...Zombie.jpg]

Rainbow VomitRainbow Vomit

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
22-12-2014, 03:06 PM
^^OMFG that's amazing.

(22-12-2014 01:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 01:19 PM)Stuffed_Assumption_Meringue Wrote:  It may not be a fair sample but I have an intense dislike for the rabbit I live with. (The little bastard is becoming less bitey though.)

Mini lop or regular. From what I've bee reading, mini lops have a good temperament.

Regular and as dark as the fetid pit it spawned from.

Quote:
Quote:I'd suggest a hamster over a guinea pig. They're slughtly more durable and don't drop into a berzerker rage when they feel threatened. It's almost like getting a less smelly rat.

Yeah, I had one as a kid, and I remember loving it (hamster that is). G-pigs go beastmode? I can't picture that.

Apparently not. I don't remember where I was told that either.

Soulless mutants of muscle and intent. There are billions of us; hardy, smart and dangerous. Shaped by millions of years of death. We are the definitive alpha predator. We build monsters of fire and stone. We bottled the sun. We nailed our god to a stick.

In man's struggle against the world, bet on the man.
22-12-2014, 03:11 PM
(22-12-2014 11:40 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-12-2014 11:06 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  She wants a dang pig.

We have King... not getting another medium to big animal... just not doing it.

She has been pestering me for a pig for the longest time.

Also available in 'small'.

[Image: mJGYi.jpg]

THis!

and when bacon dies tragically....he can become...BACON! Drooling

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
22-12-2014, 03:17 PM (This post was last modified: 22-12-2014 03:20 PM by Miss Suzanne.)
Hm, how old is your kid/kids? Temperament would be something to consider if they're fairly young. I mean, all of these options are more hands-on as far as petting so depending or maturity of your children. I know at least for guinea pigs (I was debating on hamster and rat owning for a while but figure I might wait for money) that they're not recommended for those under 8 since you have to carefully scoop them up to hold them. Otherwise, it scares the poor thing and if they like quickly try to pick them up, they might get bitten if the piggy wiggy gets scared. I'd imagine the same for hedgehogs and chinchilla-lala-la-las. Bunny might be safer bet. More room but still. Know a college buddy that trained her bunny to come to her when she sang "March of the Empire." Them bunnies are trainable.

[Image: notagain.gif]